The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-25-2018, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Sigh...out for delivery changed to delivery date pending

I've been sitting here at home all day, anxiously awaiting the delivery of my (new to me) X7 Select koa Emerald guitar that I bought from a fellow AGF member. It was on the truck for delivery today, I ran out to greet the FedEx guy and he didn't have it, he said another driver was doing the same route and must have it.

So I've been sitting here constantly refreshing the tracking and it just changed from "out for delivery" to "scheduled delivery pending no scheduled delivery date available at this time." AAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!

The worst part is, that I can't stay here tomorrow to wait for it, as I have meetings all day and through the early evening. So now I guess I'll wait until around 9 pm tonight just to ensure it is not still coming, then re-route it to be held at the local FedEx office to pick up in person tomorrow night. I may not even be able to get there before they close tomorrow night, which would mean having to wait until Friday to get it

First-world problem, I know. And since so many of us (myself included) are waiting for Emerald guitar orders to be fulfilled, a couple of extra days are not the end of the world. But sitting here watching Emerald videos on my computer all day was not the right course of action considering it is not coming today (or possibly tomorrow) after all.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 07-25-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

That ain't right! There should be no "take backs" once those three little words (Out For Delivery) have been written.

Hope FedEx surprises you in a good way this evening! I remember seeing the images of that guitar - it is gorgeous!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
That ain't right! There should be no "take backs" once those three little words (Out For Delivery) have been written.

Hope FedEx surprises you in a good way this evening! I remember seeing the images of that guitar - it is gorgeous!
Thanks Jim, I just called FedEx and he says it still should arrive today. I'm going to go cross my fingers, legs and eyes now for good luck...
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Thanks Jim, I just called FedEx and he says it still should arrive today. I'm going to go cross my fingers, legs and eyes now for good luck...
Well, now you have me all anxious! Come on, FedEx - get that beautiful instrument delivered!
Old 07-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Well, now you have me all anxious! Come on, FedEx - get that beautiful instrument delivered!
Thanks Jim, but nope, no such luck. Since I can’t stay home for delivery tomorrow, I called to re-route it when it didn’t arrive by 9pm and they said it may not re-route in time for me to pick it up tomorrow, so I may not get it until Friday. Oh well, I will console myself with the knowledge that I only waited a week for this one. If this happens to the X7 I just ordered after months of waiting, I would probably go stir crazy.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:49 AM

Worse case (hopefully) you can ask that the guitar be delivered to the local Fedex store. I did this for my Lucky13 (twice), and then I went by and grabbed it because I couldn't sit at home and wait to sign for delivery at the time.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Worse case (hopefully) you can ask that the guitar be delivered to the local Fedex store. I did this for my Lucky13 (twice), and then I went by and grabbed it because I couldn't sit at home and wait to sign for delivery at the time.
Yeah, that is what I opted for, hopefully I will get it today. He said at least 24 hours was required, which would mean I have to wait for Friday, but I am hoping it won’t be.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 AM

Hope your waiting is soon over and you can move on to playing and then perhaps reviewing here.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-26-2018, 09:46 AM

Our sympathies. This part is never easy.....
Old 07-26-2018, 10:42 AM

My sympathies! In the meantime:

https://youtu.be/uMyCa35_mOg
Old 07-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

I just encountered a delivery delay with my recently purchased 2016 Eastman T185MX semi-hollow. The initial shipment missed FedEx's cutoff, so it went from delivering to my workplace on Friday to Saturday. The only problem is that my workplace doesn't receive shipments on the weekend, so that really meant Monday.

I was able to call FedEx and re-route it to one of their local stores, where it delivered last Saturday morning in perfect condition. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Charter Member

Yay!!!!!!! I just picked it up from Fed Ex. Wow, now I see what you guys have been going on about. This thing is amazing! My cats Keoki and Devon seem less impressed.

Fooey, I have to run out to pick up the keys to our new house (we closed escrow today), and go wait in line at City Hall to get our water turned on at the new place, and won't be able to play it until tonight or tomorrow but I love the neck, the weight of it, and it is beautiful.

Will post a NGD thread tonight or tomorrow, even though it is only new to me. Thanks Mitch for selling it to me. And thanks to the folks here for the great advice and kind words.

Last edited by wickedwahine; 07-26-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Lovely. All's well that ends well.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM

Glad you got the guitar. Looks beautiful with the cat ornaments.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM

That is a beautiful guitar. It was very thoughtful to buy an instrument so well coordinated with your furniture and cats.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber