The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-20-2016, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Super delayed Blackbird El Capitan NGD post (Am I even allowed to call it that?)

Part 1

Folks…

This is my super delayed NGD post for my Blackbird El Capitan. So long in fact, that I’m not sure I’m allowed to call it an NGD post, but I’m going to do it anyway, and warning, I tend to be a bit wordy and overuse “ “ and emoticons, so be prepared. ;-) #MERICA

For those that would like a little more background on me, I created a post titled “From Gibson folk guitar to Blackbird El Capitan" that will help explain where I’m coming from.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=441978

Additionally, if you are not that familiar with the Blackbird El Capitan, I would highly recommend watching the marketing video that Blackbird put together explaining the concept behind the El Capitan and their revolutionary Ekoa material. I will admit, this video was pivotal in my decision-making process (so good job Joe! It worked!). I know there are a lot of folks that don’t necessarily agree (recording wise) but I think the video was well done. Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/spxIKFuI5nk

I suppose this is actually a mini-review as well as NGD.

I purchased my Blackbird El Capitan through Frank and his uber awesome team at the Music Gallery in Highland Park, Il. A great group of folks over there, and they will continue to get my business. They make you feel like you are with friends in someone’s home hangin’ out (albeit a home with some incredible guitars) vs. a store. Bravo guys. Thx!

I brought my 1998 Gibson EC-20 Floret (loved that guitar!) in to Frank on 5/25 as a trade and a down payment on my Blackbird El Capitan. Frank at the Music Gallery already had an order in with Blackbird for an El Capitan, and offered me his slot in line, but in the end, I’m not sure that saved me any time on the build, but still extremely nice of him.

I ordered my El Capitan with pretty much all the upgrades; MiSi pickup, Parallelogram fret marker inlays, Gold Gotoh side-address tuners and Deluxe rosette. Additionally, I was able to talk Joe into an additional upgrade for using Abalone for the fret marker inlays, for which a small part had to be outsourced. In summary, I ordered on 5/25, the Music Gallery received the guitar on 9/7, and I picked it up on 9/12. So basically, I’ve had the guitar for a little over 2 months….so I think that qualifies as a super delayed NGD post. ;-)

To get to the point, I absolutely love the guitar. For me, it’s a winner and is a “lifer”. I bought this guitar sight unseen without ever having played one or even observed one in the “wild”. Additionally, there is very little information available from actual owners or reviewers, so this was a huge leap of faith for me. And although many of you have many guitars (I’ve seen some ridiculously large collections…and bravo to you), and many of you have very pricey guitars, I’m in a scenario where I can only have 3 guitars, and this by far is the most I’ve ever spent on an instrument.

Prior to the El Capitan, my huge spend (which seemed almost crazy to me at the time) had been a brand new 2016 Les Paul Traditional retailing at $2200. You can then see how big this leap was. I did have faith in Joe and the team at Blackbird, and received almost all good words from folks on this forum who have had a chance to play one, either at roadshows or gatherings.

Joe and I spoke on several occasions on the phone and via email before I made the decision to purchase, talking about the various aspects of the guitar and the materials. These guitars are not exactly custom guitars, but they are all hand-built in the Blackbird shop in San Francisco. And I will tell you Joe does not want to ship these until they hang out for a while and he is sure they are ready to go. He’s an uber smart dude and gave me confidence that my instrument was going to be a winner!

Let’s press pause for a moment to set expectations.

I’m a beginner. People on this forum don’t always understand what that can really mean (trust me, when you hear my clips, you will know EXACTLY what I mean). 99% of the folks on this forum (at least those that post), probably play better than I do. I’m totally ok with that, and where I am with my playing. I’m having a blast! I don’t compare myself to other people and am only playing for myself, no intention to “gig” or anything like that. A small dream, which will probably not come to fruition this year would be able to play simple chords and strumming patterns for some Christmas songs for the holidays.

So…. I feel that everyone has been waiting for this NGD to get some great intel on this very cool, awesome guitar, which there does not seem to be that many of out in the wild. I feel that a great many of you could be disappointed, because I simply lack the ability and experience to be able to provide the info that some of you are probably expecting.

Does it sound more like a spruce or mahogany instrument? No clue. Is it better for fingerstyle or is it better from strumming…lol…no clue. ;-) Is it more “Taylor” sounding or “Gibson” sounding…. guess my answer…no idea!

Someone like Ted from LAGuitarSales probably has more experience and could probably answer any questions regarding tone much better than I. [emoji2] I simply lack the ability and experience to be able to discern the difference, which probably leads into another topic.

Why does someone who can’t even discern the difference between a $4k El Capitan and a $200 Brand X laminate (well…I probably could do that) even bother with a guitar like that? There can be a whole debate on whether someone like myself should even own a guitar like this, “above my play grade” so to speak. ;-) This has been discussed in many other threads, but I’ll touch on that here.

My personal philosophy is: you can do whatever you what like if it makes you happy, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else. In my case, purchasing this instrument means other sacrifices for me personally and having to shift some things around, but doesn’t impact my ability to pay my mortgage, put food on the table, etc. I completely understand those who say that say that they wouldn’t buy a great guitar because they can’t play that well yet and couldn’t appreciate it…. I get that and that’s ok.

Or that they could never justify spending that amount on a guitar, because that would be out of balance with their responsibilities for their wives or children, and I totally get that. Situations are different for everyone.

Oh, and by the way, in case you haven’t figured that out yet, this guitar DOES MAKE ME HAPPY! Additionally, most of us know, as my good friend Eric Clapton would say “It’s in the way that you use it”. The folks in this forum know more than anyone the virtues of all the nuances that can impact tone on a guitar; exotic tone woods, super-secret bracing, string debates that have caused more conversation than the recent election (ok…maybe not that much), exotic picks, etc.; and that’s part of the fun of this community. But give an incredibly talented player a less than forum-worthy guitar, and most of us would be watching them play that guitar with our jaws on the floor. Ok….so hopefully that answers that question or at least lets you know where I stand on the subject. ;-) And on the subject of someone with my skill level probably shouldn’t have a Blackbird El Capitan, then we probably shouldn’t talk about my Emerald Woody X20-12 build that is currently going on…. with a small cool little twist…..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheChicagoTodd; 11-21-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

Part 2

Now, with all that out of the way, let’s talk about the guitar.

The guitar comes in what is seemingly a pretty nice and sturdy 4 buckle, lockable, hardshell case, with a crushed blue velvet like material on the inside. Contents of the case compartment included: MiSi pickup charging cable, Blackbird pick, Blackbird product line brochure, keys for the case, Blackbird sticker, and the Certificate of Authenticity. There is a brief blurb I think on the back of the COA on “Care for your new Blackbird El Capitan” in which they suggest using a polishing cloth to keep your instrument looking sharp. I let Joe know I think there is a marketing opportunity to include a Blackbird branded polishing cloth in the compartment. Indeed, there was a recent thread about items which could or should be included with every new guitar. I think manufacturers could strike up some deals with folks who make some of these common products and include them with their premium instruments. Things like a branded polishing cloth, a Snapz pin puller, etc. I’m sure if purchased via bulk agreements, the cost would not be that great, but there are a lot of questions that go along with this whole concept which when considered, doesn’t make this a slam-dunk. Those are best discussed in another thread. Additionally, something I just noticed as I was preparing this NGD was that although the charger for the MiSi pickup was included, there were no instructions. This can be easily remedied (I haven’t checked yet) by obtaining instructions from the web I assume; however, I do think they probably should be included. Although I have no real plans to play amplified, since I knew this guitar would be a “lifer”, I opted to have the MiSi pickup installed at the shop, rather than at some time in the future if I ever did need it. I will get that charged up and plug into my Fender Bassbreaker amp and update this post when I can. Lastly, the case will really only be used for taking the instrument to another location because my whole purpose in purchasing this instrument was to leave it out year round in my poorly humidity controlled home. Interestingly enough, just today we hit 26 degrees F here in Chicago. Just for grins, I’m going to go to the hardware store today and pick up a Hygrometer. Typically, in our home, it’s very humid in the summer and very dry in the winter. We must use portable humidifiers and dehumidifiers based on the season. Actually, we still have our dehumidifiers out (haven’t swapped them out yet for the humidifiers), so I just turned one on and it’s showing 30% RH. But it may be even lower than that, because when I turned the other one on in a different room it also said 30%, which is suspicious to me as there was always a difference between rooms. I think that may be as low as the dehumidifier goes. Good thing I have an El Capitan!

When I saw the guitar for the first time, the thing that immediately stood out were the Abalone fret markers. They simply look friggin’ unbelievable. The composite fingerboard that Blackbird uses for the El Capitan is a very polished jet black with stainless steel frets, and the Abalone inlay work is impeccable. Joe told me that because of the way they finish the fretboard, I believe the fret markers also end up getting polished. I will also say that I’ve been to one of the largest shops in Chicago recently and had a chance to look at a few guitars that Abalone fret markers (I think 2, one was a Gibson), and NONE looked like this. I’m not sure where Joe sent this out to or where they got their Abalone from, but in my mind this is AAA. The rich blackness of the highly polished frets makes the Abalone stand out even more for a truly stunning look. I know I’m gushing about this probably more than I should, but when I walk into the office/guitar room in my home which is dimly lit and the light catches those Abalone markers and they glow a soft iridescent blue, it simply beckons “Come play me!”. It’s true! And sometimes when I’m playing, depending on the lighting, a soft blue-green glow is reflecting on my fingers. Coolest thing ever. As a matter of fact, I think it’s so cool that it actually improves the tone……ROTFLMAO. The funny thing is that I kept pressing Joe about using the Abalone which initially was a no-go; eventually it paid off when he said they could do it. Wow…so glad that worked out, as this is IMHO one of the stand out aesthetic features of the instrument. UPDATE FROM JOE: Joe did provide this info regarding the inlay process:

“Regarding the inlay, its actually complicated of course and would probably be considered in-house production with some outsourcing. I created the CAD for the inlay for the fretboard and inlay pieces. Paul programs and machined the fretboard inlay cavities and glued in the abalone we received from the automated inlay facility- Gurian. They are a super high quality shop and that shows in the beautiful abalone selected as well as their precision work. BTW that name holds for the next couple months after which founder and 'golden age' lutherie god-father Michael Gurian will retire and section off the company to his employees under their individual names/companies.”

Other aesthetic features on my El Capitan included their deluxe rosette, which is a herringbone pattern, and the gold Gotoh side address tuners. Additionally, Joe contacted me as the build was almost complete and asked if I wanted to have the pickguard put on. One of the options is for a double pickguard, which I did not opt for. Joe had asked if I wanted a pickguard at all. My first impression was to have him put the pickguard on, but after a few conversations with Joe, he said he could ship the pickguard with the guitar and I could always put it on later if I wanted it. I’ve not put it on yet, and don’t think I will unless I see that perhaps the finish is getting mucked up.

This is another factor to consider for this guitar. I happen to think it looks really cool. But, this is not a wood guitar. You will not have the crazy beautiful patterns present in real wood that we see on some of the stunning examples I see on this forum every day. I do think there is a certain manufactured beauty in this guitar, and certainly the soundboard is very cool looking. If you look closely, you can see the Ekoa fibers in the material. In these photos, I think if you haven’t seen the video link I posted above yet, you probably should to better understand the patterns that are observed on the body of this guitar. In my eyes, she is beautiful in her own way.

Last edited by TheChicagoTodd; 11-20-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 11-20-2016, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Part 3

When I got home, I wanted to hear the difference between the only guitar that I had been playing for the last 3 months and the El Capitan. If you remember, I traded in my Gibson EC-20 to help fund the El Capitan. This left me with my Journey OF660 to play while waiting for the El Cap for 3 months or so. Some of you know I’ve been a big proponent of the Journey and still am. So, when I brought the El Capitan home and played side-by-side, I could definitely tell the difference, but it didn’t seem as great as I thought it might be. I even asked my wife, and her response was that it sounded way louder and more “trebly”. This may seem like a red flag for some of you, but I really don’t think it was. I think that I simply played the Journey every day for over 3 months, my ears were very trained for that guitar. And again, since I’m not an accomplished player, some of these things may not stand out as much to me.

Well, since I had my new El Capitan, I put the Journey away in the closet. Fast forward about a month or so after I received my El Capitan, I finally decided to take guitar lessons and signed up at the Old Town School of Folk Music, a well-respected school in Chicago. I didn’t intend on bringing my El Capitan to class and figured I would instead be using my Journey. I pulled the Journey out of the closet and put ‘er together and tuned up, and what do you know.

No offense to Rob and the great folks at Journey (I’ve already professed my love for their instrument), but after playing my El Capitan for a month the Journey sounded like poop. Lol, I could not believe it! It was like night and day, which is probably what most you would think I would have been able to discern immediately. Well it hit me like a ton of bricks on that day. I still think my Journey is a fine instrument and stands well on its own, and it is what I bring to class, but the El Capitan is simply in another league. Night and day. This should have been expected IMHO, but still was a huge surprise to me that day.

One thing I will say about my initial playing on my new EC (now abbreviating El Capitan to EC), is that I had been playing my Journey on the “low action” saddle that Journey provides. That is something really cool that Journey does, they ship the OF660 with the normal or “high” saddle installed, but also provide a “low” saddle in the bag; now that’s a pretty cool feature (even though action is extremely subjective). I had been playing a little over 3 months on the low saddle on a shorter scale length guitar, so that action was really low. That’s why when I got my EC, the action seemed high to me.

I wanted to preserve the original action, so I purchased an additional saddle from Joe and then brought my EC and new saddle to the awesome guys at The Music Gallery and told them what I was looking for. The first thing they did was take some measurements and let me know the setup on the EC was spot on, and was industry standard and perfect, which is exactly what Joe told me. However, understanding my request, they did say that they could probably bring it down a bit. George is their tech guy (operates their Plek) and eventually he emerged from his magic room and said “See if you like this”. Wow!! Like butter! Super happy camper!

The only other thing I did was to replace the standard strap button near where the heel would be (there is a very small heel on the EC, probably fair to say no heel) and install a Schaller strap-lock. I keep a strap on the guitar now with the Schaller near where the heel would be and a Tapastring (thx forum!) on the end-pin jack. I will say that the original screw was very, very short. I let Joe know what I had done and if there would be any problem, but informed me that they have never had any problems and that the Ekoa is so rigid, it holds up a lot better than wood.

As mentioned, the EC has a very small heel (see pic) which allows easier access to the upper frets, something which is not terribly important to me, at least for now. The neck I believe was described as glossy and “Medium thickness Shallow V”, but it doesn’t really feel glossy to me, a little more like satin. Also, the neck has a nice well rounded feel which I really like, I probably just don’t know what a shallow “V” is supposed to be like. Again, watch the cool video to see how the neck and body are molded as a single piece, very cool stuff IMHO.

Little to no heel:

As mentioned, the fretboard and stainless steel frets seem very good to me, and both are polished to a high gloss. As you probably already know, the neck is hollow and open on the headstock end, which Blackbird claims allows for additional resonance, sustain, and volume. I do think the resonance and sustain seem good to me. You certainly can “feel” the guitar when you play it. I think Joe said that the headstock is very difficult to work with, it is possible on future models the slotted headstock may be replaced with a traditional headstock. When I first purchased the EC, I wasn’t sure about the slotted headstock, and I think the only instrument I had previously with one was a 1986 Epiphone Classical guitar. Now, even though I haven’t changed my initial strings yet, I do like the headstock just for aesthetic reasons. I think there was a thread on this forum regarding possible merits of slotted headstocks. The EC does come with a truss rod, for those who didn’t already know that.

Blackbird calls this a small jumbo. Indeed, part of what drew me to this guitar was that shape, as I’ve always admired the Gibson J200. However, I think the instrument feels smaller than it looks. The body of the guitar is also not very thick (4.5 inches per Blackbirds site), which I think helps in that regard.

Blackbird indicates that the nut and saddle are made of Graphtech, and the bridge of HPL. I think the bridge is pretty cool looking and has the Blackbird logo inlay…nice touch. The guitar seems to stay in tune very well which I’ll attribute to the headstock, tuner, nut and saddle combo (but I really have no idea what I’m saying… ;-)).

I think this was a rather interesting scenario, as Joe and I have spoken a few times since I took delivery of the instrument. First, there probably isn’t many of these out there period. Blackbird is relatively small shop, and I have no idea of what their output is, but I don’t think it’s that great. I’m really not sure how many EC’s have been built at this point. Additionally, Joe intimated to me that most of EC’s that they make go to dealers, and he may never hear from the eventual owners, whereas Joe and I have been having dialog before I even purchased, which is a bit of a unique scenario for him. I thought it was pretty cool that he called to follow up and see what I thought of the instrument.

Despite my inability to fully describe this instrument in a way that many of you would like, this little opus of an NGD is probably the most information that is out on the web other than info from Blackbird themselves. I hope that some of you at least finds this somewhat helpful, even if I am not fully able to do this incredible instrument justice. Oh, recently I also asked Joe about the strings that came on my instrument, and Joe told me that mine came with ClearTones, but that they are now stringing them with Elixirs. He did say that he felt the ClearTones produced a more vintage sound.

That leads me to my next point. [emoji14] NGD isn’t really an NGD without pic’s and sound samples right? Well I thought long and hard about sound samples. You see, I’m a beginner and as such...I kind of suck. Well, I’m just kidding a bit there, I think I’m doing ok and never put myself down (only for fun).

But consider this. There is such a lack of info out there on the El Capitan, would I be doing a disservice to Joe and the great team over at Blackbird and this incredible instrument by posting sound samples? Not to mention a bit embarrassing…. ;-)

My only recordings ever up to this point, have been sent to my brother-in-law who is at the same level of guitar as I am, and were done by placing my Samsung phone on a table in front of me while I played. Bad playing combined with fairly poor sound quality…hmmm…didn’t seem like the best scenario. I took the plunge and splurged on a Yeti Blackout edition USB microphone from Amazon. I hooked that up to my Surface tablet and downloaded Audacity, a free program to record sound.

The Yeti was placed in a corner of our bedroom at approximately the same height as the soundhole on my guitar. The Yeti was about 2-3 feet in front of the corner of the wall and in “Stereo” mode, with some bare wall for about 2 feet on either side and then drapes past that 2 foot mark on both sides. The soundhole for my guitar was about 2-3 feet directly in front of the Yeti. I only used Audacity to record and then to trim the clips. No processing whatsoever was used as these clips were intended to show what tones this particular guitar produces…..personally…I love the tones! So no effects were added.

Oh yeah... for all of these recordings I'm using the super secret prototype pic from our very own Forum sponsor Scott Memmer of Charmed Life Picks.

This microphone and setup greatly increased the quality of my recordings, but strangely did nothing for my playing. ;-)

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-23-2020 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 11-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Part 4

Well, hopefully the success of the Blackbird El Capitan doesn’t rest on my shoulders (and my fingers) and that folks can listen to the recordings and take them for what they are, as I’ve decided to let y’all have access to them. If you are at all interested in a Blackbird El Capitan, you owe it to yourself to find some way to hear a quality sample.

Here is a link to my Soundcloud account, I think.

https://soundcloud.com/user-817338923

To wrap up this little ditty, I really, really love my Blackbird El Capitan and it will be a “lifer”. I wanted a beautiful instrument that I could leave out in my humidity challenged home and that looked and sounded great. Blackbird set out to create an environmentally friendly guitar that emulated the warm tone from a vintage guitar and that was composed of technologically advanced materials impervious to weather conditions.

I think even though this is a 1.0 version, Blackbird hit a home run with the El Capitan and I love mine. Please let me know if there are any questions that I can *attempt* to answer, and I will do my best. Additionally, maybe Joe or someone from Blackbird may post responses.

I like to say my Blackbird El Capitan looks as good as it sounds it sounds as good as it looks!

Cheers….and play on!

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Todd, thanks sooo much for all the time and effort you've put into presenting the El Capitan, especially to those of us who have known about its development and anticipated someone getting their hands on one and reporting about it. The detail you provide is insightful, and appreciated. The guitar looks fantastic, especially the top and abalone fretmarkers...great choice by the way. The back and sides look quite good. In honesty, I haven't been a fan of the headstock design and hoped they would change it in final casting. Having said this, up-close it looks not as good as the last pic you posted where I actually quite like it. Hmmm. I can understand why others will quite like it. As for your playing and recording, you don't give yourself enough credit. You definitely deserve such a fine guitar. Again, thanks for the great review! Happy pickin'!

P.s. You may want to post a new thread with a link to this one in the CF sub-forum so composite lovers who hang out there don't miss your update.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Todd, thanks sooo much for all the time and effort you've put into presenting the El Capitan, especially to those of us who have known about its development and anticipated someone getting their hands on one and reporting about it. The detail you provide is insightful, and appreciated. The guitar looks fantastic, especially the top and abalone fretmarkers...great choice by the way. The back and sides look quite good. In honesty, I haven't been a fan of the headstock design and hoped they would change it in final casting. Having said this, up-close it looks not as good as the last pic you posted where I actually quite like it. Hmmm. I can understand why others will quite like it. As for your playing and recording, you don't give yourself enough credit. You definitely deserve such a fine guitar. Again, thanks for the great review! Happy pickin'!

P.s. You may want to post a new thread with a link to this one in the CF sub-forum so composite lovers who hang out there don't miss your update.
Thx sir!

Yes, I will do that.

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 PM

Wow that's quite a NGD post! I did get a chance to play a prototype El Capitan briefly - I thought it was a pretty great guitar, liked it a lot. I'm also a big fan of the lucky 13 so an El Koa Lucky 13 would be my ultimate "not-wood" guitar. Hint hint, Joe.
I am a fan of slotted headstocks, but I have to agree with Acousticado in that the moulding of this one doesn't do it for me for some reason - not a deal breaker though and if it works for you, great!

Anyway thanks for the in depth review and your personal take on the whole GAS thing -
Quote:
you can do whatever you what like if it makes you happy, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else
+1 on that.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 11-20-2016, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Super Delayed Blackbird El Capitan NGD post

Folks...

I finally got around to posting my super delayed Blackbird El Capitan NGD post in the main forum. Someone suggested I post a new thread here just in case folks in the carbon fiber forum haven't subscribed to the main forum.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=450200

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdq View Post
Wow that's quite a NGD post! I did get a chance to play a prototype El Capitan briefly - I thought it was a pretty great guitar, liked it a lot. I'm also a big fan of the lucky 13 so an El Koa Lucky 13 would be my ultimate "not-wood" guitar. Hint hint, Joe.
I am a fan of slotted headstocks, but I have to agree with Acousticado in that the moulding of this one doesn't do it for me for some reason - not a deal breaker though and if it works for you, great!

Anyway thanks for the in depth review and your personal take on the whole GAS thing -
+1 on that.
Tdq...

Thx! And the philosophy that I kind of adhere to has a lot to do with everything not just guitars obviously.

Cheers!

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Guest 928

Holy Moly! I want one. Chicago, you have really done a nice job of portraying a new instrument in the music world.

But I want it in nylon. What do you say Joe?
Old 11-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Btw Todd, you're doubly lucky to have an Emerald X20-12 on order. I for one look forward to a future report on that guitar, including how it compares to the EC. When's the eta?
Old 11-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Btw Todd, you're doubly lucky to have an Emerald X20-12 on order. I for one look forward to a future report on that guitar, including how it compares to the EC. When's the eta?
Acosticado....

It hasn't even been 30 days yet since I placed the order[emoji23] , and I think they said there was a 5 month build on those. So probably March of 2017.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Holy Moly! I want one. Chicago, you have really done a nice job of portraying a new instrument in the music world.

But I want it in nylon. What do you say Joe?
EvanB...

Thx!

I'm not exactly sure what black Blackbird has going on but it looks like from their Instagram they've got something new brewing.....

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the detailed review! Congrats! Im a big blackbird fan.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:20 PM

That does look very nice. But I understand what you (or was it Joe?) meant about that headstock. That looks very complicated, and frankly I wouldn't mind at all if Joe simplified the design with a more traditional solid design.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber