The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 AM

Default Leach Custom Dread Road Show take 2

My how time flies.... I grabbed the “Road Show” guitar for a show and now it seems that several months has gone by. Good news and Bad news... Well, as luck would have it that guitar is no longer available so I guess I’ll have to use a different one... that’s the bad news, the good news is that I’ll be replacing it with one that I made for Healdsburg. Since several folks have already participated with the other guitar and because I think this one is a better example of what I shoot for, if they want to get a shot at this one let me know and I’ll add your names back onto the list. Another note of interest is that this guitar has something I call a “Unibridge” which means it can be strung up right or left-handed so if there are any southpaws out there who never get to try a Road Show now is your chance. Just drop me a PM with your address and email address.

First stop on the list is Texas on it’s way back to California.

1. revive
2. retailguy
3. GuitarObsession
4. bluesbassdad
5. shortymack
6. seannx
7. longdrive55

Due to the usual string of computer crashes and being just a bit south of a very organized person who keeps lists where he can easily find them.. I would appreciate it of the all of on the list would either send me a PM or and Email so that I can tell you when to be on the lookout for the guitar.

OH, I almost forgot... the new guitar is.....

Brazilian/Adirondack ...ho hum...
Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM

PM sent.

I'm not a lefty, but the unibridge intrigues me, nonetheless.

At first thought I assume it merely has an extra-wide slot for an extra-thick saddle, which can be cut with the appropriate angle for a righty or a lefty.

This sounds like one of those "Why didn't anyone think of it before" ideas. Are there any drawbacks?

A veteran is someone who at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
Old 12-06-2011, 03:58 PM

The slot is cut straight at .25" which allows for just the right amount of room for a saddle that can be slanted either way by going from corner to corner. At some point I'd like to have some "canoes" made so that you just drop in a standard 1/8" saddle.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Beautiful looking guitar Harv! This is a great opportunity for players to sample a luthier's work, that would normally not have a chance to experience their work before commissioning a build. This is especially true for left handed players that have very few opportunities to even play some of the larger factory builder's work before making a decision on a "custom order" left handed guitar. Thank you Harv for doing this!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:10 PM

I'll echo that remark ... brilliant idea that will no doubt be embraced by the lefty community.

original music: http://vicderobertis.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop