The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-20-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Jimmy already has 2 rings, I believe.

Well obviously I meant as a starting QB, not as a lucky recipient of being in the right team at the right time.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I think if San Fran allows Mahomes to run amuck, they’re in for some trouble. The San Fran offense better have a plan B after they try to run the ball. You saw what happened to Tennessee. Tannehill couldn’t get it done.

I’m not sold on Garrapalo and his ability to be a superstar at QB.

As far as a Kraft, I’m with you. I really think the Patriots, while they are a great team, have cheated and cheated and I’m tired of them, their coach, their QB and their owner.

Please tell us how you REALLY feel about the Patriots. You and raysacks should go for a beer or something. [emoji23]
Old 01-20-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I am a 49er fan and Im pretty sure they wont be favored at all.
Chiefs are the early favorites, 1 1/2 points.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Please tell us how you REALLY feel about the Patriots. You and raysacks should go for a beer or something. [emoji23]
Seems an entirely reasonable reaction.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Seems an entirely reasonable reaction.

Yes because the Patriots are such cheaters and the only reason they collected 6 rings in less than 20 years is because of their incessant cheating.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten into the whole cheating thing and I don’t hate the Patriots. The thing I have said for the last few years is that I’m just TIRED of always seeing them as THE team that’s likely to win it all or at least the biggest obstacle. I dare say nearly every football fan outside of the greater Boston area feels that way and I won’t apologize for it. I’ve constantly expressed my respect for them and I was even a fan in the early years of the dynasty before it was one. But nobody really likes a dynasty outside of the core fanbase and bandwagon jumpers, and at a certain point, I turned to wanting to see them lose. Probably about when they beat the Eagles the first time, before the NFC East became their kryptonite and beat them in the three remaining super bowl matchups ...

I’m really hoping the Chiefs can win one for Andy and I’ll be happy if they do. But if they dominate the league for the next 10 years, I’ll feel the same way about them by the end of it as I’ve come to feel about the Patriots. If the Eagles somehow became a dynasty in the latter stages of my lifetime, I’m sure I’ll be just as insufferable for them as so many New England fans have become about the Pats.

So don’t use me as a poster boy for a Pats hater - I’m not one. And if you’re gonna, at least spell my name right!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten into the whole cheating thing and I don’t hate the Patriots. The thing I have said for the last few years is that I’m just TIRED of always seeing them as THE team that’s likely to win it all or at least the biggest obstacle. I dare say nearly every football fan outside of the greater Boston area feels that way and I won’t apologize for it. I’ve constantly expressed my respect for them and I was even a fan in the early years of the dynasty before it was one. But nobody really likes a dynasty outside of the core fanbase and bandwagon jumpers, and at a certain point, I turned to wanting to see them lose. Probably about when they beat the Eagles the first time, before the NFC East became their kryptonite and beat them in the three remaining super bowl matchups ...

I’m really hoping the Chiefs can win one for Andy and I’ll be happy if they do. But if they dominate the league for the next 10 years, I’ll feel the same way about them by the end of it as I’ve come to feel about the Patriots. If the Eagles somehow became a dynasty in the latter stages of my lifetime, I’m sure I’ll be just as insufferable for them as so many New England fans have become about the Pats.

So don’t use me as a poster boy for a Pats hater - I’m not one. And if you’re gonna, at least spell my name right!!!

Just about every post in these threads you say something about your dislike for the Patriots. Those of us paying attention know. You can say you’re not a Patriots hater all you want, your posts say otherwise.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:55 AM

I'm a huge Mahomes fan. I really like how he plays the game. I also have a soft spot for Andy Ried and this would put an exclamation point on a very good coaching career.

The 49ers have a monster defense,a great rushing game, and a pretty good young quarterback that is maturing with every playoff game.

My heart says Chiefs but my gut says 49ers, so I'm expecting a great game that goes down to the final minutes before it's settled with a San Fran win.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:36 AM
Charter Member

Drop the jabs about the Patriots... they've already gone home this year. You can like or dislike them, but quit jumping each other. Each opinion is justified, so leave it alone.

BTW... gonna be a good Super Bowl. I'll take the Chiefs. Too bad we didn't get a rematch of Super Bowl I, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-21-2020 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
San Fran is not heavily favored so far. The betting lines are nearly even with some lines favoring the Chiefs.
I heard that after I posted my previous and frankly I’m surprised.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Drop the jabs about the Patriots... they've already gone home this year. You can like or dislike them, but quit jumping each other. Each opinion is justified, so leave it alone.

BTW... gonna be a good Super Bowl. I'll take the Chiefs. Too bad we didn't get a rematch of Super Bowl I, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I'll take the Chiefs too ... although I'll be rooting for them to lose. I just think they have too much on offense. We'll see how they match up against a great defense. Could be a game where both teams break 30 points?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:20 PM

There is an old adage that is not used as much anymore as it once was, but I still believe it to be true, "defense wins championships", so because of that, as much as I would like the Chiefs to win, I am going San Francisco.

BTW, I live and die Packers and our defense was marginal at best, but I can not believe that San Fran running game, never seen a team run the same play over and over like they were and not be stopped.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:45 PM

I’m really having a hard time who to root for. I think Jimmy G needs this ring more than Mahomes, he has paid his dues already. But the Chiefs are more than overdue for a Super Bow win. With Mahomes leading them, and him staying healthy as he ages, I believe this might be the start of the Mahomes/Reid dynasty.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:56 PM

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
There is an old adage that is not used as much anymore as it once was, but I still believe it to be true, "defense wins championships", so because of that, as much as I would like the Chiefs to win, I am going San Francisco.

BTW, I live and die Packers and our defense was marginal at best, but I can not believe that San Fran running game, never seen a team run the same play over and over like they were and not be stopped.
Dolphins...Csonka and Morris... boom!
Old 01-23-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Dolphins...Csonka and Morris... boom!
Yep, that was old school right there...you are right, they could definitely move the ball on the ground!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic