The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 PM

Location: Texas side of the Red River.The Best Country on Earth :]
Default I will be visting Tenesee during Thanksgiving....

And would love to know where I could take a factory tour or better yet visit the shop of a for-serious Luthier who is willing to take a little time out of their Saturday...Considering I have never met anyone on this forum personally this is asking a lot, but if you don't know anyone I would appreciate a point in the right direction.We will be in Murfreesboro,which in Texas standard rule is only a hop and a skip from Nashville.Any suggestions?
"And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." John 1:16

90' American Strat Customized/W Working Bridge
Soon my own acoustic build.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-...78294772235384 The business my wife and I own. No school like the Old school!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzandbeyond View Post
And would love to know where I could take a factory tour or better yet visit the shop of a for-serious Luthier who is willing to take a little time out of their Saturday...Considering I have never met anyone on this forum personally this is asking a lot, but if you don't know anyone I would appreciate a point in the right direction.We will be in Murfreesboro,which in Texas standard rule is only a hop and a skip from Nashville.Any suggestions?
Jazz,

Yep, the Boro is only 30-45 minutes south of us. Please give the Batson brothers a call - www.batsonguitars.com It'll be totally worth your time. Their shop is even on the south side of town so it'll be a closer ride for you. Grant, Cory and their apprentices are really great folks. Please let me know if you need any other recommendations on places to stop by - food, coffee, etc.

Kindly,
Danny
Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmusic7 View Post
Jazz,

Yep, the Boro is only 30-45 minutes south of us. Please give the Batson brothers a call - www.batsonguitars.com It'll be totally worth your time. Their shop is even on the south side of town so it'll be a closer ride for you. Grant, Cory and their apprentices are really great folks. Please let me know if you need any other recommendations on places to stop by - food, coffee, etc.

Kindly,
Danny
I would like some recommendations on good music stores to visit
thanks

Dave
Old 11-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristo View Post
I would like some recommendations on good music stores to visit
thanks
Dave,

There's some good stores in town. For high end/boutique guitars Artisan Guitars has a wonderful selection. They're about 30-45 minutes outside of Nashville in Franklin. Guitar Gallery is by Appointment but has a wonderful selection of luthier built guitars. Gruhn Guitars has amazing vintage guitars and Cotten Music has a wide selection of new and used acoustics. Corner Music and Rock Block are my favorites for electrics.

Hope this helps...

Kindly,
Danny
Old 11-19-2011, 03:24 PM

One of my all-time favorite visits to TN was when I met with Gerald Sheppard and toured his shop and talked to him about his amazing guitars...an absolutely must-do if you can get to that side of the state!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmusic7 View Post
Dave,

There's some good stores in town. For high end/boutique guitars Artisan Guitars has a wonderful selection. They're about 30-45 minutes outside of Nashville in Franklin. Guitar Gallery is by Appointment but has a wonderful selection of luthier built guitars. Gruhn Guitars has amazing vintage guitars and Cotten Music has a wide selection of new and used acoustics. Corner Music and Rock Block are my favorites for electrics.

Hope this helps...

Kindly,
Danny
thanks, Ill be headed up after the new year

Dave

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop