The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Default SPS-1 question

I have the pendulum/bryston/daedalus rig. At a small venue or houseconcert where this is my p.a., I use the XLR balanced master output and run the bryston wide open. (I was told by an engineer friend that the bryston is warmest when full volume.) I use the master volume on the pendulum for control.
I've got some bigger shows coming up and want to use my rig as a monitor only for guitar. Should I feed the house with the monitor output? Is it pre or post eq? or...should i give them the master out and control my monitor volume with the bryston control.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewyatt View Post
I have the pendulum/bryston/daedalus rig. At a small venue or houseconcert where this is my p.a., I use the XLR balanced master output and run the bryston wide open. (I was told by an engineer friend that the bryston is warmest when full volume.) I use the master volume on the pendulum for control.
I've got some bigger shows coming up and want to use my rig as a monitor only for guitar. Should I feed the house with the monitor output? Is it pre or post eq? or...should i give them the master out and control my monitor volume with the bryston control.
Oo good question. I'm the more experienced users will have an answer. I have yet to run mine out to the house system. I echo your question. I tried running my monitor line to a pa and got a buzz but no signal. I would suspect that the monitor volume pot on the front would control that output. I would add this question would the balance XLR out on the back work running strait to the pa?

Lowden O25C
Martin OOO 1935
Gibson 335 custom
'68 Reissue Custom Fender Strat
Old 04-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewyatt View Post
The main stereo balanced outputs and the unbalanced stereo monitor outputs each have their own attenuation control (i.e., volume control). Both sets of outputs are post-eq, post-effects loop and post-stereo mix bus. There is also a switch that only feeds channel 1 to the monitor outputs and headphone amp, post-eq but pre-effects loop. The channel outputs are post-eq, pre-effects loop and pre-stereo mix bus. The insert outputs are pre-eq, pre-effects loop and pre-stereo mix bus.

Here's a link to the SPS-1 manual. Call Greg with questions.

Pendulum SPS-1 User Manual
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
The main stereo balanced outputs and the unbalanced stereo monitor outputs each have their own attenuation control (i.e., volume control). Both sets of outputs are post-eq, post-effects loop and post-stereo mix bus. There is also a switch that only feeds channel 1 to the monitor outputs and headphone amp, post-eq but pre-effects loop. The channel outputs are post-eq, pre-effects loop and pre-stereo mix bus. The insert outputs are pre-eq, pre-effects loop and pre-stereo mix bus.

Here's a link to the SPS-1 manual. Call Greg with questions.

Pendulum SPS-1 User Manual
Got it....thanks once again for sharing your expertise. I'm assuming I'll use the XLR out to the house snake and use the monitor out for the um...monitor;-)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification