The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
There's another option yet to be considered. In the old days, Alistair would take his experimental failures and nail them to the ceiling. I relate to that, in the old days I would simply burn my wooden sculptures that did not meet my standards. Alistair could screw this guitar to the ceiling as a constant reminder that quality requires constant vigilance. It would be an expensive reminder, a high priced tuition for a hard lesson.
Send it my way and I'll screw it to MY ceiling ! I promise.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:46 AM

Fix it and start a road trip? Personally as long as people were willing to pay for shipping it forward I think this could be a business opportunity for Emerald to consider. I know I would do it to take an X20 for a test drive, OR an X7!

I never participated in the MacNicol road trips but always thought it was a great concept. How else can we really try these rare instruments? When is the last time you saw a RainSong at your local GC or Sam Ash...much less an Emerald?

Last edited by steelvibe; 01-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Fix it and start a road trip? ...
I never participated in the MacNicol road trips but always thought it was a great concept. How else can we really try these rare instruments?

I love that idea. I did participate in that roadshow. As I recall I got a new model Rainsong to try for a month and then shipped it to the next guy for $50

Now I’m waiting on an X20 I ordered in November but I would have bought it a year ago if I could have tried one. I eventually found someone local who was nice enough to let me try theirs but it took about a year to find one in Minneapolis
Old 01-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedley View Post
I got a new model Rainsong to try for a month and then shipped it to the next guy for $50
A month?? Wow nice.

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
A month?? Wow nice.

Maybe it was a couple weeks, it was a while ago.
:-)
Old 01-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was a couple weeks, it was a while ago.
:-)

Ok, it was a week. Summer of 2012 - still a great wat to try a hard to find guitar
Old 01-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Ok, it was a week. Summer of 2012 - still a great wat to try a hard to find guitar
Those were the days....I mean weeks
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-04-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
When is the last time you saw a RainSong at your local GC or Sam Ash...much less an Emerald?
Um, the last time I went to Sam Ash, and the time before that. SA is a Rainsong dealer and normally has 3 or 4.

The point is well made though.

I participated in one of Harvey's Voyage-Air road trips. Well worth the cost of shipping to the next person. Shipping full size guitars has gotten crazy expensive though.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 01-04-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Um, the last time I went to Sam Ash, and the time before that. SA is a Rainsong dealer and normally has 3 or 4.

The point is well made though.

I participated in one of Harvey's Voyage-Air road trips. Well worth the cost of shipping to the next person. Shipping full size guitars has gotten crazy expensive though.
I thought GC was an authorized dealer too but I've never seen a RainSong other than a used jumbo in the 3 Colorado stores I've frequented. I have seen a couple CAs but even that was years ago. We do not have Sam Ash here in Colorado but there is Avenue Guitars in Manitou Springs that is an authorized RainSong dealer- I just checked and they have 13 in stock.

I guess I didn't think about the cost of shipping guitars and should know better having one sent to me and shipping one out in the last year. The size is key; I had an OF660 shipped to me in a cute little box that you would never believe had a guitar in it, and it cost half of what I paid to ship a full size guitar- the latter of which cost me over $90.00 expedited.

Last edited by steelvibe; 01-04-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber