The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-18-2020, 04:24 PM

Default Seeking a set--up tech on Oahu in Hawaii

I'm looking for a set-up technician on Oahu. I have a guitar & 3 or 4 ukes that need set-up. My previous set-up person moved away. Of course, I expect to pay for such services.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:25 PM

Bump. I'm still needing a set-up tech on Oahu, Hawaii. Any & all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-22-2020, 01:39 PM

For the ukes, I think the folks behind theukulelesite.com are based on Oahu, and they have a full-time setup tech on staff who sets up every single ukulele before they're shipped out. Don't know if he takes outside work or not but he seems reputable. I've ordered a uke from them and it came very well setup.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:55 PM

Oh I saw your post on the UU forum. Oahu has a huge music scene, many of the artists have facebook pages where you can ask. There is also a forum on slack key guitar where I think some of the locals drop in, maybe ask there:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/
Old 01-23-2020, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyongargon View Post
For the ukes, I think the folks behind theukulelesite.com are based on Oahu, and they have a full-time setup tech on staff who sets up every single ukulele before they're shipped out. Don't know if he takes outside work or not but he seems reputable. I've ordered a uke from them and it came very well setup.
HMS does set-up what they sell, but HMS does not do set-up for instruments purchased elsewhere.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair