The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-27-2018, 01:29 PM

Default NGDs - 2 out, 2 in

For a while now I have been trying some different guitars to figure out exactly what I want. Everything has been used so I can play it for a while and it can move on if I don’t love it. My preferred method as opposed to playing a guitar for a half hour at a store and making a decision. Recently I have had a shake up. Had a PRS SE Custom 22 and a MIM Strat that I definitely liked, but did not love. The PRS was made extremely well. Don’t love the PRS pickups and wasn’t sure I wanted to start a project. The Strat was fine but I am debating Strat or Tele, so I figured I’d go Tele for a while.

So with those two gone, with a couple other bits of gear, today I welcome in the first of the two additions , my white 2017 Guild S-100 Polara. So far I am extremely impressed with build quality, and it sounds great also. Not as hot as an SG, but has some of the same honk. And not being incredibly popular, I got a crazy good deal.

The other addition, a butterscotch blond Baja Telecaster, will be here in a few days. I am very familiar with these, and greatly looking forward to it.

What’s funny, is my least expensive guitar is the one I haven’t even flirted with doing anything with other than playing. My Gretsch is just great. I think they were under priced personally. It sounds so good for what I have into it that I can’t even imagine a reason to part ways.

So the quest continues. Trying to not exceed three. Right now I think I can get quite a wide range out of this roster.

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style
Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Can’t wait for pics! Never played the Guild model but owned a Baja. Fantastic guitars. Better than some American made Teles I’ve owned. Congrats!

As to the cheaper guitar comment...I can totally relate. I seem to play the cheaper models I own more at home, and rarely have a desire to trade or sell them. Not sure what it is about them.

When I owned my #5 of 12 SC Norman Blake I rarely got it out of the case. Spent far more time playing my Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo, or one of my Taylor’s.

I ended up selling it and have regretted it ever since.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 06-27-2018, 03:16 PM

I am bad at the pics thing (visually impaired plus multiple steps..) so for now here is the Guild via Sweetwater. I can attempt pics

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...0-polara-white

The Gretsch is so loud acoustically I play it as a quiet acoustic when kiddo is sleeping

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars