The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-14-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Tab too small to read on Kindle Cloud Reader

Last night I bought the Kindle version of a music book (notation and tab) to read using the Kindle Cloud Reader app (I don't own a Kindle), but it is too small to read on my laptop screen.

I tried using the maximum font size, but it does not adjust the notation or tab size, only the actual text of the book. I also tried using the zoom function on my browser (Chrome), and it does increase the size of the notation and tab, but it also takes away the scroll bars, so I only get to see the top of the page, so that is useless.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

I don't want to change any actual settings on my laptop, like resolution, etc., because everything else looks fine to me.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2018, 07:34 AM

I've used the Kindle app on my phone and have been able to click on the notation and it zooms in / makes it full screen maybe it does the same on your laptop.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:43 AM

Do you have an iPad?
Old 10-14-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoker View Post
I've used the Kindle app on my phone and have been able to click on the notation and it zooms in / makes it full screen maybe it does the same on your laptop.
Clicking on the notation (or anything) doesn't do anything. Double-clicking brings up the options of highlighting and making notes (not useful), and right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Do you have an iPad?
No, it's a Windows 10 laptop.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
Get a real book?
Old 10-14-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Get a real book?
Yep, in fact I decided to go ahead and order the real book when I realised that I couldn't read the Kindle one, but I thought I'd try squinting at a couple of tunes in the Kindle one first, and I'm glad I did, because I discovered that they are not what I thought they were: These are Christmas Carols that I wanted to play for my mum, but both Away In A Manger and O Little Town Of Bethlehem don't sound anything like the versions that I learned in school. I guess they are "modern" versions, or American versions?

Oh well, live and learn. I guess I will have to try to work out some carols on my own, or see if I can find the traditional / English versions of the above on YouTube or somewhere.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
Yep, in fact I decided to go ahead and order the real book when I realised that I couldn't read the Kindle one, but I thought I'd try squinting at a couple of tunes in the Kindle one first, and I'm glad I did, because I discovered that they are not what I thought they were: These are Christmas Carols that I wanted to play for my mum, but both Away In A Manger and O Little Town Of Bethlehem don't sound anything like the versions that I learned in school. I guess they are "modern" versions, or American versions?

Oh well, live and learn. I guess I will have to try to work out some carols on my own, or see if I can find the traditional / English versions of the above on YouTube or somewhere.
Wikipedia gives two different melodies (essentially an American version and a British version) for each of those carols:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_in_a_Manger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Litt...n_of_Bethlehem

Last edited by frankmcr; 10-14-2018 at 07:28 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic