The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-25-2018, 10:37 AM

Can't believe that my friend. That sounds so amazing and perfect - i'm shocked. That wonderful piece of music is reason enough to visit your concerts Glenn.

Thank you so much for sharing your tunes. I love it.

Greetings, Jimmy :-)
Old 09-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarquango View Post
Can't believe that my friend. That sounds so amazing and perfect - i'm shocked. That wonderful piece of music is reason enough to visit your concerts Glenn.

Thank you so much for sharing your tunes. I love it.

Greetings, Jimmy :-)
Hi Jimmy!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment! I know you are busy with your own YouTube productions, which you do so well! I appreciate your weighing in here and I appreciate the support.

Thanks so much Jimmy! I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn
Old 09-25-2018, 05:16 PM

Thumbs up You Rendition

I was at first going to pass on this one and I'm glad I did not .

What a wonderful rendition you made , thank you for sharing this great song . The sound of the guitar is awesome .

Your technique was smooth and really well executed too . I find tuning down a good thing to do for many reasons .
Many an accomplished guitarist do this quite successfully too .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 09-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post

I was at first going to pass on this one and I'm glad I did not .

What a wonderful rendition you made , thank you for sharing this great song . The sound of the guitar is awesome .

Your technique was smooth and really well executed too . I find tuning down a good thing to do for many reasons .
Many an accomplished guitarist do this quite successfully too .

EZ :

HR
Hi Ramon,

Thank you for watching, listening and then commenting! It's great to hear from you! Since I have seen many of your videos, I know a little bit about your perspective as a musician.

And thank you the compliments on the sound from the Guild F-512. I sure am glad I bought that guitar!

- Glenn
Old 10-03-2018, 08:49 PM
G625 mistral-k

Just an incredible positive & uplifting energy & vibe coming through from you on this one Glenn. Vocals, guitar and production are all outstanding.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
Just an incredible positive & uplifting energy & vibe coming through from you on this one Glenn. Vocals, guitar and production are all outstanding.
Thank you Basalt Beach!

I'm very glad you got a chance to listen to this performance and I very much appreciate your comments!

This song does seem to bring out a lot of positive energy. There is something about the Byrds' accompaniment, the character of a 12-string, the relatively high notes of the song, and the very melodic David Crosby harmony that do help to make this song an uplifting experience. At least a person hopes it comes out that way!

I am so glad you thought this came out okay -- Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

- Glenn
Old 10-04-2018, 09:28 AM

That is brilliant Glenn. Superb.
Taylor GS-mini mahogany - 2019
Guild GAD D-1212 12-string

American Professional Tele - 2018
Old 10-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Picky View Post
That is brilliant Glenn. Superb.
Thank you Mike!

I am glad to know you are watching! Thanks so much for your comments! I have been enjoying your recordings, as well!

- Glenn
Old 10-08-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I'm a big Byrds fan and I love this song.
Most people don't know the lyrics were taken directly from the book of Ecclesiastes 3:1-9 in the Bible.
I like what you do with your vocals and how you finish the notes. A lot of singers don't do that very well.
Yes; Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

Well done Glenn!!

It's been a while since I've been on this site. Glad you're still at it. Hope your Hip is 100% by now.
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 10-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Stylish View Post
Yes; Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

Well done Glenn!!

It's been a while since I've been on this site. Glad you're still at it. Hope your Hip is 100% by now.
Hi Finger Stylish,

Thank you very much for watching and commenting here! I am so glad to know that you enjoyed this song!

I had noticed your absence in recent weeks. I hope all is well for you and your family. I am doing well. Both of my new hip joints are doing very well. I am out about about 1 year from the first joint replacement and at about 7 months from the second one. I have been able to keep up on all my outdoor work this year very well, including cutting and splitting and putting away about 6 cords of firewood. We had a big vegetable garden, I kept up on maintaining all the flower gardens, and I kept the grass well cut, so everything I hoped I could do with better hip joints I was able to do. I am a little sore at times, but that is just part of getting stronger. I feel very fortunate.

Thanks again for your generous comments!

- Glenn
Old 10-09-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Finger Stylish,

Thank you very much for watching and commenting here! I am so glad to know that you enjoyed this song!

I had noticed your absence in recent weeks. I hope all is well for you and your family. I am doing well. Both of my new hip joints are doing very well. I am out about about 1 year from the first joint replacement and at about 7 months from the second one. I have been able to keep up on all my outdoor work this year very well, including cutting and splitting and putting away about 6 cords of firewood. We had a big vegetable garden, I kept up on maintaining all the flower gardens, and I kept the grass well cut, so everything I hoped I could do with better hip joints I was able to do. I am a little sore at times, but that is just part of getting stronger. I feel very fortunate.

Thanks again for your generous comments!

- Glenn
Tremendous! It sounds as if you have more than recovered with all that activity. How you have time to keep all that going and record these great tunes is a testament to tenacity! Keep up the good works.

I've had a very busy summer. All is well. Welcomed our 9th grandchild into the world, my gigging dates kinda got out of hand. I'm a busy old man still having fun.
Blessing to you!
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 10-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Stylish View Post
Tremendous! It sounds as if you have more than recovered with all that activity. How you have time to keep all that going and record these great tunes is a testament to tenacity! Keep up the good works.

I've had a very busy summer. All is well. Welcomed our 9th grandchild into the world, my gigging dates kinda got out of hand. I'm a busy old man still having fun.
Blessing to you!
Cool! Glad you are doing well! 9 grand children! Good for you and your kids! I have 6 grand children and enjoy them immensely!

Take care!
- Glenn
Old 10-09-2018, 09:43 AM

I'm really glad I found this video post. Very enjoyable! Well performed, recorded and videoed. Is there such a word as videoed? Anyway, Glenn, your passion for the music shines through once again.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
I'm really glad I found this video post. Very enjoyable! Well performed, recorded and videoed. Is there such a word as videoed? Anyway, Glenn, your passion for the music shines through once again.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Trevor!

How nice to hear from you! I am so glad that you like how this video came out! Thanks so much for your comments and your support!

And yes, I would say that in our modern world, there is such a word as "videoed," at least according to the Internet:
vid·e·o
ˈvidēō/
noun
noun: video; plural noun: videos

the recording, reproducing, or broadcasting of moving visual images.
a recording of moving visual images made digitally or on videotape.
"they sat down to watch a video"
a short movie made by a pop or rock group to accompany a song.
a videocassette.
"a blank video"
synonyms: tape, videotape, DVD; trademarkVHS
"we recorded it on video"
British
a videocassette recorder.

verb
verb: video; 3rd person present: videos; past tense: videoed; past participle: videoed; gerund or present participle: videoing

record on videotape.
"he declined an invitation to be videoed"
Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment on this video, Trevor!

- Glenn
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
record on videotape.
"he declined an invitation to be videoed"
That's a relief (lol).

BTW - You're very welcome re: comments and support.
I'm curious about your choice of video software if you don't mind my asking? Your videos are really clear and well edited. I'm a mac guy so seriously thinking about acquiring Final Cut Pro. The audio sync feature strikes me as a major consideration. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell