The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-24-2018, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I was wondering which pick up is used for the acoustic part...Ill see if I can find it... if it is the 6 separate lil guys like in Level 3?
Yep. Looking forward to trying it out! Same as your level 3 minus the midi stuff.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 PM

Please, please, please post a video of some tones you can get when you get it. The mystery is killing me.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

I was just looking at Emerad's "In Stock" items - there is an X7 with an African Teardrop Mahogany veneer that is gorgeous! And an X20 with a Padauk veneer. Both available in stock! Who needs that other "secret" place? These are lust-inducing.

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-26-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Deleted quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

After being gone for 3 months, I sent a confirmation e-mail to Kevin at Emerald this evening: we are home - ship my X10 with your normal Friday stuff!

Moving back in after being gone for a while takes time. It may be a day or two before guitars go back on the wall and I can get my guitar room set up again.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:18 PM

Very cool Capt. looking forward to your review!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
After being gone for 3 months, I sent a confirmation e-mail to Kevin at Emerald this evening: we are home - ship my X10 with your normal Friday stuff!

Moving back in after being gone for a while takes time. It may be a day or two before guitars go back on the wall and I can get my guitar room set up again.

When I emailed Kevin yesterday, Norman answered my email and said Kevin is off getting married and another sales person would get back to me.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 09-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
When I emailed Kevin yesterday, Norman answered my email and said Kevin is off getting married and another sales person would get back to me.
To quote the philosophers Sonny & Cher: and the beat goes on...
Old 09-30-2018, 10:47 AM

Alistar is some sort of genius... he customized a 12 for my X-30 in short order. But look at the pictures of the three neck guitars he assembles.
And as a doctor I was worried he was oozing something when I started reading this thread.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Guest 928

As another doctor, I substantiate your point, he secretes a lot. Must be exhausting. I suppose we could diagnose something that might curtail his body fluids, but do we really want to? He is doing some awesome work. Maybe we should let him burn and turn? I await your prognosis of the matter.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:45 PM

As a third doctor, I think it's funny there are so many doctors prowling around this forum
Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

I'm not a doctor. Didn't play one on TV, either. I may have "played doctor" when I was a kid, but I'm not running for any office, so that's beside the point. In a rock band in the 70s, I did play "Calling Dr. Love"... that's all I got... carry on with your doctor talk.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:04 PM

Does the electrics pickup hinder the acoustic performance? I have an X20 and want to order a 2nd Emerald but honestly love everything about the X20 sound and playability. Would not want to lose anything sound wise but the electric pickup would be nice.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songtown View Post
Does the electrics pickup hinder the acoustic performance? I have an X20 and want to order a 2nd Emerald but honestly love everything about the X20 sound and playability. Would not want to lose anything sound wise but the electric pickup would be nice.
I think the only way we'd know for sure about the level 2 pickups installed in the X10 (and apparently available on the new X7) would be to compare one with and without the pickups.

I recall an interview with Bob Taylor where he said, "Everything affects the sound... but some things are essentially insignificant," when discussing a cutaway vs no cutaway. My guess is: there is probably a difference, but I would assume it would be minor.

I will know better when my X10 arrives, but I expect it to be a very versatile guitar.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:48 AM

The 6 pickup thing definitely affects the unplugged sound.. less warm... but plugged in... oh yea...that's what I'm tawkin' about..Nice!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber