The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 05-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Charter Member

Congrats all and congrats Methos! I peeked in a couple times and heard some great stuff. What a super effort!
Old 05-04-2020, 04:20 AM

I had a lot of fun on yesterday’s open mic. We have Incredible talent here on AGF (Wish I had a little bit more!).
Old 05-04-2020, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Except the Aussie didn't know what he was doing!!!
We got there in the end though!!
Thanks for doing this Scott!!
Lol - well, you weren't the first that accidentally performed to his own timeline instead of the AGF OMG and I'm sure you won't be the last! But you came back and redid your set to thanks so much for the effort. Great playing and awesome guitar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Congrats all and congrats Methos! I peeked in a couple times and heard some great stuff. What a super effort!
Thanks, Chris. We had fun. There were some curveballs and challenges, for sure but everyone rolled with the punches and we managed to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
I had a lot of fun on yesterday’s open mic. We have Incredible talent here on AGF (Wish I had a little bit more!).
Agreed! Some really great performances by all.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:41 AM

Default My Facebook Chain

In the first AGF open mic, I used a Blue Yeti USB for guitar and vocals. Results were OK once I switched from Google Chrome to the new version of Microsoft Edge. (Chrome gave me more interruptions and stuttering and worse sound. I found Edge to be a better browser for Facebook Live than Chrome. I tried Firefox but was unable to get all of the settings resolved to have it work.)

Last AGF open mic,

For guitar, the chain was K&K Ultra Pure Mini--->Pure XLR preamp--->Yamaha MG10XU--->Behringer Ucontrol UCA222 USB--->Computer--->OBS Studio (free software)--->Microsoft Edge--->Stream Key option on Facebook Live.

For vocals, the chain was Blue Encore 100 dynamic--->Yamaha MG10XU--->Behringer Ucontrol UCA222 USB--->Computer--->OBS Studio (free software)--->Stream Key option on Facebook Live.

I probably spent 4 hours off and on testing levels, settings, and tone for guitar and vocal mix using Facebook live "only me" option until I got what I thought was a fairly good result, much better than the USB Mic only option that I previously used.

I think the real find in this process for me was the OBS Studio software which seems to give a better interface to Facebook live than the "camera" option in Facebook live.

The sequence to go live is to have OBS running and ready to start streaming to Facebook Live. The option on Facebook live to Use Stream Key with OBS requires that you select Use Stream Key then copy the stream key found under Live Stream Setup into OBS. Since the only thing I'm using OBS for is the Facebook live stream process, I've not had to add the stream key to OBS other than the first time.

Once you select Use Stream Key in Facebook Live, there will be a pop up window that says "Waiting for live video." When you select "Start Streaming" in OBS, Facebook Live will then show the camera and allow you to "Go Live."

As with any other options, make sure you have everything ready to go, all cables plugged in, etc.

Make sure that Facebook live is going to where you want it, in this case AGF Open Mic, then Go Live on Facebook should get you going.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:33 PM

Courtesy bump.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:46 PM

When is the next Jam ?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:25 PM

There’s one this Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
When is the next Jam ?
Old 05-09-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
There’s one this Sat
I'm Signed-Up...Chris-Vica See Ya There..Mistakes and all

Wow, I haven't had a case of Nerves Since 2004 lol I think it has more to do with being a solo act ...
Old 05-09-2020, 09:12 AM

My Set-up...if it works lol
Me
Ibanez AW54CEOPN
AKG Perception 200 Condenser Mic (Using it for the Room..ie guitar and vocal).
AKG into Mic Mechanic for Reverb and Presence..Can't use Vocal corrections because of using the AKG for both Vocal and guitar, It confuses it and warbles the sound..
Mic Mechanic into a Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen
From there in my Computer
I'm going to use the freeware program OBS to stream to Facebook because going directly into Facebook was causing stuttering/cutting out..

Just thought this might help also for people thinking about doing this...

I wouldn't be scared to use a USB mic I have but thought a little reverb would help my vocals LOL So I had to add interfaces

Good Luck.....
Old 05-10-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
My Set-up...if it works lol
Me
Ibanez AW54CEOPN
AKG Perception 200 Condenser Mic (Using it for the Room..ie guitar and vocal).
AKG into Mic Mechanic for Reverb and Presence..Can't use Vocal corrections because of using the AKG for both Vocal and guitar, It confuses it and warbles the sound..
Mic Mechanic into a Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen
From there in my Computer
I'm going to use the freeware program OBS to stream to Facebook because going directly into Facebook was causing stuttering/cutting out..

Just thought this might help also for people thinking about doing this...

I wouldn't be scared to use a USB mic I have but thought a little reverb would help my vocals LOL So I had to add interfaces

Good Luck.....
Yours, and everyone else's came through beautifully on the weekend. With the exception of Methos' who kept freezing for some reason.
So glad to have this available to us.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases