The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-14-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
OK, I just finished downloading the app on my wife's ipad. Her experience was the same as mine. Totally free, no subscription, not even a time-limited one. There is a panel that you can bring up that offers an upgrade that says "try it free", which I assume is what you found. But I had to dig to find that, and there's no reason to do that. To just use it, and add to my video, all I had to do was register. I gave them an email not even related to my Apple account, no billing info, and the app store says it's free.

In any case, this was supposed to be a 30 second solution to your issue, not a multi-week ordeal :-) Sorry I led you down a confusing path....
Oh well its not like i have anything pressing to do.. ill go down to the library
tommorrow and see if i can find the free version that will allow me to add to your
video... Ive let technology go by me being retired i have no need to keep current with alot of stuff. Less stress
is good...lol.
Yes Filmora is made by wonderpro

Last edited by varmonter; 04-14-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
OK, I just finished downloading the app on my wife's ipad. Her experience was the same as mine. Totally free, no subscription, not even a time-limited one. There is a panel that you can bring up that offers an upgrade that says "try it free", which I assume is what you found. But I had to dig to find that, and there's no reason to do that. To just use it, and add to my video, all I had to do was register. I gave them an email not even related to my Apple account, no billing info, and the app store says it's free.

In any case, this was supposed to be a 30 second solution to your issue, not a multi-week ordeal :-) Sorry I led you down a confusing path....
I think after 7 days apple store has your
billing info linked to your acct or your wifes acct...if you dont cancel youll be
charged 9 something a month..
Thats what i saw anyway.. a week will tell.. Ill try again.. Did you try to do a recording on your wifes app...thats when
i ran into the 7 day trial agreement..the app is free until you try to do something.
Then your 7 day free countdown starts.
More than likly im wrong here...
Ill try it again stay tuned...it looks like
it would work well..simple intuitive..

Last edited by varmonter; 04-14-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I think after 7 days apple store has your
billing info linked to your acct or your wifes acct...if you dont cancel youll be
charged 9 something a month..
Thats what i saw anyway.. a week will tell.. Ill try again.. Did you try to do a recording on your wifes app...thats when
i ran into the 7 day trial agreement..the app is free until you try to do something.
Then your 7 day free countdown starts.
More than likly im wrong here...
Ill try it again stay tuned...it looks like
it would work well..simple intuitive..
Well, it's not supposed to be. Mine was totally free, limited to 30 seconds. I upgraded to the subscription, then I started paying (and yes, when I signed up to pay, I think I got 7 days trial. but not simply to download and start using it.) I can still just go to the app store and cancel it any time.

But for the limited version, the app store listing says "free" with in-app purchases (the subscription that you don't need to do):

acapella.jpg

if they're lying and it's not free, I suspect Apple would ban them for life (it doesn't take much for Apple to dump an app that violates the rules), but they've been around for several years at least. You pay if you want more than 30 seconds, its free otherwise. The part we aren't sure of is that I read that only the video originator (me) needs to have paid, to create the original longer video, and that collaborators don't have to pay to add additional parts. That actually seems rather "generous" :-) of them, so who knows, maybe you can only add the first 30 seconds - that's what we set out to find out.

Again, I didn't mean this to be more complicated than learning a full-featured video editor :-) I was impressed that I got a collaborative video with a few clicks - this thread has taken 10X longer than the video creation process :-)
Old 04-15-2020, 10:02 AM

yup thats what i saw.. I downloaded the
app which is free to do.
when i went to try it i got the
than auto renewal.
Im assuming you liked it so much
you bought it b4 the 7 days was up.
I was unable to try it without signing
up for this 7 days free then auto renewal.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
yup thats what i saw.. I downloaded the
app which is free to do.
when i went to try it i got the
than auto renewal.
Im assuming you liked it so much
you bought it b4 the 7 days was up.
I was unable to try it without signing
up for this 7 days free then auto renewal.
Bizzarre. Doesnt work that way for me.

Hard to debug these things remotely, but wild theory: You actually downloaded this a week ago, and managed to send me a collaboration request, all without paying, right? You just never finished the recording. So somehow between now and then, you've done something to put you in the paid subscriber mode. I'm not even sure how you are re-downloading and re-registering - once you've downloaded an app, even if you delete it, it usually just re-installs from the cloud.

Anyway, this is way more effort than was intended. For me, the whole thing from downloading to recording a demo was a 2 minute (free) exercise, which is why I thought it was kind of cool. You're all set with your video editor, your bandmates know how to send you the right files, etc. Time to give up on this app for you. I'll keep using it for when it's the right tool, I've got a few projects going with some friends.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:39 AM

Thanks Doug.
Yeah i agree.. Appreciate your time/effort.
i deleted the app.

Last edited by varmonter; 04-16-2020 at 01:46 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD