The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 09:22 PM

Default Disagreement with Maury's Music

Not sure if this is in the right area, but wanted to warn people about Maury's Music. I had heard good things about them and wanted to support a small business, but I got totally burned and wanted to make sure no one else does.

Before anyone considers ordering from Maury’s music, I would like to share my experience with this terrible company and hope that you will not make the same mistake I did in dealing with this unethical and dishonest company and person, Maury. I ordered a guitar from Maury's Music on June 14, almost two months ago, and it never came. I talked to Maury personally and he refused to refund me or ship a new one, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Then Maury called me immediately and begged me to cancel the dispute and personally gave me his word that he would refund me if I would cancel the dispute. He said that since they are a small business, a dispute could really hurt them. So I canceled the dispute, trusting that he would fulfill his end of the bargain, and not wanting to hurt a small business. Then for a day or two Maury claimed he was trying but it “was not working” and I told him to just send via PayPal or something if necessary. He ignored me. Maury then came back and said that he refused to refund me and would no longer be responding to my emails. Since then I have not heard from him. I tried re-opening the dispute and the credit card company refused because in between when I canceled the dispute and tried to re-open it, Maury’s Music took the money back, which for some reason means they cannot or will not re-open the dispute. I now know that Maury knew this would happen and never had any intention of refunding me. He lied to my face and was holding me off so he could get the money and I couldn’t re-open the dispute. So in the end, I paid for the guitar but never got it and have no hope of ever getting it. The credit card company won’t refund me because of what Maury’s Music did. FedEx said they cannot find the shipment, and their rule is that they will only work with the merchant to find a lost shipment, not me. Maury’s Music is doing nothing at all to help me. I haven't heard from them in over a month (since July 11) despite a half dozen attempts to contact them in the meantime. Nothing has changed in the FedEx tracking information and I have no hope of ever getting my guitar. But Maury’s Music has my money, which is what they wanted. If you like giving money away for free and being lied to, then go ahead and buy from Maury. If not, choose a more reputable dealer. If anyone wants proof, I’m happy to send them the email chain that proves all of this.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-12-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 PM

Don’t hold back, sanitize names and then post it here, without any editorializing.

What does tracking say, that it shipped, or only that a label was created? There is a difference- one means it’s the merchants problem, the other means it’s the shippers problem.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 PM

Wow, that really sucks.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:49 AM

There are two sides to every story.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerDuck View Post
There are two sides to every story.
And then there are 2 different stories that are told from two sides.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:23 AM

Since tou have documentation go to Small Claims Court. Not only include the cost of the guitar but court cost also.
2019 Takamine GD93
2022 Takamine GJ72CE 6-String
2022 Cort GA-QF CBB
1963 Gibson SG
2016 Kala uke
Dean A style mandolin. (Year unknown)
Lotus L80 (1984ish)
Plus a few lower end I have had for years
Old 08-12-2020, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd-95687 View Post
Not sure if this is in the right area, but wanted to warn people about Maury's Music. I had heard good things about them and wanted to support a small business, but I got totally burned and wanted to make sure no one else does.

Before anyone considers ordering from Maury’s music, I would like to share my experience with this terrible company and hope that you will not make the same mistake I did in dealing with this unethical and dishonest company and person, Maury. I ordered a guitar from Maury's Music on June 14, almost two months ago, and it never came. I talked to Maury personally and he refused to refund me or ship a new one, so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Then Maury called me immediately and begged me to cancel the dispute and personally gave me his word that he would refund me if I would cancel the dispute. He said that since they are a small business, a dispute could really hurt them. So I canceled the dispute, trusting that he would fulfill his end of the bargain, and not wanting to hurt a small business. Then for a day or two Maury claimed he was trying but it “was not working” and I told him to just send via PayPal or something if necessary. He ignored me. Maury then came back and said that he refused to refund me and would no longer be responding to my emails. Since then I have not heard from him. I tried re-opening the dispute and the credit card company refused because in between when I canceled the dispute and tried to re-open it, Maury’s Music took the money back, which for some reason means they cannot or will not re-open the dispute. I now know that Maury knew this would happen and never had any intention of refunding me. He lied to my face and was holding me off so he could get the money and I couldn’t re-open the dispute. So in the end, I paid for the guitar but never got it and have no hope of ever getting it. The credit card company won’t refund me because of what Maury’s Music did. FedEx said they cannot find the shipment, and their rule is that they will only work with the merchant to find a lost shipment, not me. Maury’s Music is doing nothing at all to help me. I haven't heard from them in over a month (since July 11) despite a half dozen attempts to contact them in the meantime. Nothing has changed in the FedEx tracking information and I have no hope of ever getting my guitar. But Maury’s Music has my money, which is what they wanted. If you like giving money away for free and being lied to, then go ahead and buy from Maury. If not, choose a more reputable dealer. If anyone wants proof, I’m happy to send them the email chain that proves all of this.
I guess the part that makes this a bit suspect and concerning for the mods is that it’s your first post...Would you be logging in here otherwise? Possibly not...

Regardless, if this is true what a fiasco. I understand your stress and disappointment.

I would like to hear the other side of the story though. This company seems to review pretty well on the whole. It all seems a bit bold. At the end of the day I can’t see you being out any money, it just might be a wait to get things resolved.

At the end of the day if he truly “stole” from you I suppose there is always the police ;-0

Best of luck. I wish you well.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 08-12-2020, 04:11 AM
Charter Member

I am sorry to hear this. I have bought 3 guitars from Maury and have had fantastic service and will continue to buy from him.

I hope it works out for you.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
I guess the part that makes this a bit suspect and concerning for the mods is that it’s your first post...Would you be logging in here otherwise? Possibly not...

Regardless, if this is true what a fiasco. I understand your stress and disappointment.

I would like to hear the other side of the story though. This company seems to review pretty well on the whole. It all seems a bit bold. At the end of the day I can’t see you being out any money, it just might be a wait to get things resolved.

At the end of the day if he truly “stole” from you I suppose there is always the police ;-0

Best of luck. I wish you well.
I have to agree that this seems very vindictive and dumb on Maury’s part if this is accurate. If he was concerned about a CC dispute, I would think he would be equally concerned about the issue being brought up here. While I’ve never done business with his store, it seems he gets all thumbs ups here. I hope if a transaction went bad as described, it can be worked out for all sides.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 08-12-2020, 04:44 AM

I have been a Maury happy customer in a number purchases since 2013. I have never heard anything but good comments about Maury until now. If I were buying a new Martin today, the shop I would buy from is Maury's.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:49 AM

I find it odd that Maury has not been on here responding, every time someone has complained on here in the past he is on here giving his side of the story and seems angry with the people who don't believe his side.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RILEY31 View Post
I find it odd that Maury has not been on here responding, every time someone has complained on here in the past he is on here giving his side of the story and seems angry with the people who don't believe his side.
OP was at 11:30 last night, Maury probably isn't on the forum 24/7.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RILEY31 View Post
This was first posted later last night - it says 9:22 but In my experience that means 11:22 East Coast time. Maury will likely see it today and decide whether or how to respond.

-Ray
Old 08-12-2020, 05:02 AM
Charter Member

I’ve never dealt with Maury - I’m in England, and he can’t sell Martins outside North America - but everything I’ve ever heard about the guy and his business has been totally positive. The OP’s story seems completely out-of-character, and I’d like to hear the other side - as, I’m sure, everyone here would...

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 08-12-2020, 05:04 AM

1st time poster v forum sponsor.
This could get messy.

I'm out.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion