The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-25-2019, 07:04 PM

Well Fedex screwed up and while I waited all day for the delivery, they failed to deliver (by delivering...a play on their stupid commercials)
Old 05-25-2019, 11:33 PM

I am of recent times determined to not buy if I have not played it! And the whole delivery shemozz can do my head in, apart from getting a mystery sound landing at your house. I have stuck to the plan and when 2 GP 717e appeared at about the same time at a shop close and a shop far, my intentions were to try the guitar at the much more expensive closer shop. But I had it in my hands, had an instant love moment which the canny salesman actually saw, so after that it was over. And they gave me a huge discount when I asked the takeaway price....and I was prepared to pay the full whack to have it and to hold...and avoide driving far to the other place. Sometimes you know nothing until you do it.

Now other news....after playing my 717e solid for a few weeks, I was looking at it, looking at it, looking, looking, looking and what is different, looking, looking...AH! After all the play, there are no fingerprints and there is no arm mark where my arm leans.....the Silent Satin Finish is fingerprint and arm mark proof! Brilliant!

And sounds superb with everything I have thrown at it.

BluesKing777.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
I am of recent times determined to not buy if I have not played it! And the whole delivery shemozz can do my head in, apart from getting a mystery sound landing at your house. I have stuck to the plan and when 2 GP 717e appeared at about the same time at a shop close and a shop far, my intentions were to try the guitar at the much more expensive closer shop. But I had it in my hands, had an instant love moment which the canny salesman actually saw, so after that it was over. And they gave me a huge discount when I asked the takeaway price....and I was prepared to pay the full whack to have it and to hold...and avoide driving far to the other place. Sometimes you know nothing until you do it.

Now other news....after playing my 717e solid for a few weeks, I was looking at it, looking at it, looking, looking, looking and what is different, looking, looking...AH! After all the play, there are no fingerprints and there is no arm mark where my arm leans.....the Silent Satin Finish is fingerprint and arm mark proof! Brilliant!

And sounds superb with everything I have thrown at it.

BluesKing777.

Problem is, nowhere near me stocks the version without electronics, nor will they come off the price. I got a good deal, so I’ll just have to wait.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Problem is, nowhere near me stocks the version without electronics, nor will they come off the price. I got a good deal, so I’ll just have to wait.
I feel for you - I had the tracking on a delivery say ‘out for delivery’ at 8am on a Friday and I worked in my front room while waiting - window overlooks the street - and every other house got deliveries except me, it seemed. I hardly moved, except for lunch and even then kept an ear out. At about 5pm, the tracking said a delivery was attempted and nobody home! Rubbish - they just went home early on a Friday. I then had to ring everyone on Monday when it still was not delivered and was told more fooey about me contacting them first to arrange ‘re-delivery’.

Nope, don’t care what it is, don’t want it from any of them. I just wait for the shops here to get stocked.

BluesKing777.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
I feel for you - I had the tracking on a delivery say ‘out for delivery’ at 8am on a Friday and I worked in my front room while waiting - window overlooks the street - and every other house got deliveries except me, it seemed. I hardly moved, except for lunch and even then kept an ear out. At about 5pm, the tracking said a delivery was attempted and nobody home! Rubbish - they just went home early on a Friday. I then had to ring everyone on Monday when it still was not delivered and was told more fooey about me contacting them first to arrange ‘re-delivery’.

Nope, don’t care what it is, don’t want it from any of them. I just wait for the shops here to get stocked.

BluesKing777.

So FedEx now says Thursday Delivery.....the guitar is sitting on a truck 30 min from my house. I don’t understand how it can be 30 min away and have 4 days added to the transit time!!!!!

Unbelievable
Old 05-26-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So FedEx now says Thursday Delivery.....the guitar is sitting on a truck 30 min from my house. I don’t understand how it can be 30 min away and have 4 days added to the transit time!!!!!

Unbelievable
Why can't you have it held at the FedEx terminal and pick it up sooner???
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Why can't you have it held at the FedEx terminal and pick it up sooner???

They are being unhelpful and not giving me that option
Old 05-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:

Unbelievable
Dang! I didn’t think it could get any worse than having to wait out a long holiday weekend. But THURSDAY?!? That’s cruel and unusual punishment, man.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:01 PM

Default Any Grand Pacific Owners Around Here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
Dang! I didn’t think it could get any worse than having to wait out a long holiday weekend. But THURSDAY?!? That’s cruel and unusual punishment, man.

Apparently FedEx thinks I should be more understanding because the drivers deserve to have their Holiday off on Tuesday for home delivery. My response was that apparently the drivers already had their holiday on Friday and Saturday by not getting the job done.

Unreal. It’s 30 min away and it will take 4 more days. I hope that everyone does enjoy their holiday, but that still doesn’t make the situation make any more sense. I am not worried about not getting the guitar sooner, and I can wait. But I don’t want the guitar sitting on the truck in 90+ degree Carolina heat for 4-5 days.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Apparently FedEx thinks I should be more understanding because the drivers deserve to have their Holiday off on Tuesday for home delivery. My response was that apparently the drivers already had their holiday on Friday and Saturday by not getting the job done.

Unreal. It’s 30 min away and it will take 4 more days. I hope that everyone does enjoy their holiday, but that still doesn’t make the situation make any more sense. I am not worried about not getting the guitar sooner, and I can wait. But I don’t want the guitar sitting on the truck in 90+ degree Carolina heat for 4-5 days.
I gave up on deliveries years ago. The UPS hub is five minutes from my house, so I just have them hold my guitars for pickup. Means instead of waiting for a truck all day I get my guitars in my hot little hands first thing in the morning. I’ve taken delivery (and shipped) so many guitars over the years when I walk into the hub they great me like an old friend.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
I gave up on deliveries years ago. The UPS hub is five minutes from my house, so I just have them hold my guitars for pickup. Means instead of waiting for a truck all day I get my guitars in my hot little hands first thing in the morning. I’ve taken delivery (and shipped) so many guitars over the years when I walk into the hub they great me like an old friend.

That’s awesome. FedEx says I can have it held at the hub, but it will add a day of transit time. I don’t for the life of me know how when that is the very next stop for the package. I guess I just don’t know how a package leaves Charlotte at 6:30am and then just sits for days.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Sent you a PM~~
Old 05-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

The truck will most likely be sitting inside a large building so it won't be like the truck will be outside getting sunned on. I feel your pain but patience as a few extra days won't amount to anything given the long time over which you'll enjoy your guitar!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 05-26-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
The truck will most likely be sitting inside a large building so it won't be like the truck will be outside getting sunned on. I feel your pain but patience as a few extra days won't amount to anything given the long time over which you'll enjoy your guitar!

I’ll try to be patient! First world problems!
Old 05-29-2019, 10:32 AM

Default Any Grand Pacific Owners Around Here???

I had the same problem waiting for my new OM-28! When it was "out for delivery" i practically waited in the driveway! Nothing! I almost called them, then at like 5 o clock the next day, the truck pulls up. Its weird because your happy and pissed at the same time!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion