The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-24-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
I think:

Daeny goes mad just like her father and will die trying to kill Jon. Maybe Jon’s dragon will kill her.
Jamie will save Brienne and kill Cersei.
Sir Jorah will die trying to save Daeny
Theon will die saving Bran
The Hound will die saving Arya
Jon will sit on the iron throne.
Everyone else will die but I hope Sam and Tyrion survive.

Hope to see Ned, Hodor, Khal Drogo, Cat Stark, Tywin Lannister, Rob Stark, Ygritte, the Viper dude who is also in Narco, etc. as undead soldiers in the Night King’s army.

Dude, Daeny dies trying to kill Jon? You are dark! I got chills!

Regarding the return of the living dead though, does the Night King raise all the dead that ever were dead, including the long dead? Or is it just the fresh kills? I'm not clear on that. And I should think at least the bodies have to be intact, right? So Ned couldn't qualify because his head was off. Unless he'd be carrying it. I think I may have seen one of the walkers carrying it's own head.

Really don't want to see a reanimated Joffrey. Or that creepy brother of Dany's who got his head dipped in molten metal!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 04-24-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake17 View Post
I think Ser Davos is going to cease to be. The little girl he gave soup to reminded him of Shireen and they even played her music. No one knows the "range" of the Night King, so he could fly over Winterfell and raise a hundred Starks in the crypts. I think she turns and he cannot bring himself to do the deed.
That reminds me of the scene in the original Night of the Living Dead where the little girl dies down in the cellar, then reanimates and takes out her parents.
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post

Regarding the return of the living dead though, does the Night King raise all the dead that ever were dead, including the long dead? Or is it just the fresh kills? I'm not clear on that. And I should think at least the bodies have to be intact, right? So Ned couldn't qualify because his head was off. Unless he'd be carrying it. I think I may have seen one of the walkers carrying it's own head.

Really don't want to see a reanimated Joffrey. Or that creepy brother of Dany's who got his head dipped in molten metal!
I can't see Sean Bean being resurrected; they returned his remains in a small box. If they were reanimated it would be like Thing from the Adams Family - and it wouldn't be Sean Bean's hand.

PS: I recall seeing somewhere that Sean Bean has died on screen 25 times, which is not a record; John Hurt has died 43 times on screen.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

...so who would you like to see still standing at shows end?...I would like to see
the Hound, Sam and Bran survive
Old 04-24-2019, 08:13 AM

Default Potential SPOILER!!!

Read no further at risk of being PO’d...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Has anyone else heard the theory that Winterfell is not really the target??
Old 04-24-2019, 08:55 AM

So all this anticipation builds and the Night King doesn't bother to engage Winterfell? That would be a worthy plot twist!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 AM

Where then? King’s Landing? That would actually be utterly predictable.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:48 PM

Default Just a theory....

With everyone assembled at Winterfell, including the two dragons, why not send a small force to Winterfell, take the majority of the walkers to Kings Landing, including the Ice Dragon, and lay havoc to the city, thereby increasing the size of your army significantly.

The Ice dragon will succumb easily to one of the two remaining Daeny dragons so why waste it at Winterfell? Cersei becomes a White Walker, the remaining cast, or at least most of them, get to stick around for a few more shows and you have an end all, be all battle at Winterfell to close it out.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
With everyone assembled at Winterfell, including the two dragons, why not send a small force to Winterfell, take the majority of the walkers to Kings Landing, including the Ice Dragon, and lay havoc to the city, thereby increasing the size of your army significantly.

The Ice dragon will succumb easily to one of the two remaining Daeny dragons so why waste it at Winterfell? Cersei becomes a White Walker, the remaining cast, or at least most of them, get to stick around for a few more shows and you have an end all, be all battle at Winterfell to close it out.
Hmm... that's another good theory.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 04-24-2019, 04:45 PM

I'm looking forward to the dragons duking it out.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:12 PM

Default Game Of Thrones last season

Quote:
I think:

Daeny goes mad just like her father and will die trying to kill Jon. Maybe Jon’s dragon will kill her.
Jamie will save Brienne and kill Cersei.
Sir Jorah will die trying to save Daeny
Theon will die saving Bran
The Hound will die saving Arya
Jon will sit on the iron throne.
Everyone else will die but I hope Sam and Tyrion survive.

Hope to see Ned, Hodor, Khal Drogo, Cat Stark, Tywin Lannister, Rob Stark, Ygritte, the Viper dude who is also in Narco, etc. as undead soldiers in the Night King’s army.

This right here is very possible. Dani has shown she can be caring and just, but she has also shown to be absolutely ruthless. She is convinced that the iron throne is hers, and nothing will get on the way of that...even a true heir to the throne. Her reaction when John told her who he is was as I expected it. She didn’t care that the person she loves is the true heir, or that he’s her nephew, the only thing she realized is that her quest to the throne is over. Sit next to Jon as the queen? I don’t think so, I think Jon just became yet another obstacle to overcome. I think she (and Drogon) will die on Sunday.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
This right here is very possible. Dani has shown she can be caring and just, but she has also shown to be absolutely ruthless. She is convinced that the iron throne is hers, and nothing will get on the way of that...even a true heir to the throne. Her reaction when John told her who he is was as I expected it. She didn’t care that the person she loves is the true heir, or that he’s her nephew, the only thing she realized is that her quest to the throne is over. Sit next to Jon as the queen? I don’t think so, I think Jon just became yet another obstacle to overcome. I think she (and Drogon) will die on Sunday.
The lust for the Iron Throne is in her blood. Her brother sold her to sit on the throne and her father got mad with power. Just like them, she cannot stop this desire for the Throne even if she wanted to. Nothing, not even love can come between her and the throne and now that love is in the way, she has no choice but to kill love or die trying.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
The lust for the Iron Throne is in her blood. Her brother sold her to sit on the throne and her father got mad with power. Just like them, she cannot stop this desire for the Throne even if she wanted to. Nothing, not even love can come between her and the throne and now that love is in the way, she has no choice but to kill love or die trying.
Well, there may be something in what you say. When Jon hit her with his identity, I did think her first thought was the throne, not the aunt/nephew factor. And that thing she did with Sansa, pulling her hand away while they were bonding because Sansa asked about the north. Plus, when she talked about her brother Viserys, she sounded...well, not exactly fond of him, but not as disgusted as you'd think either considering he treated her like chattel and that she shed no tears when he died that horrible death.

So how will the fireproof Khalesi die? And will the dragons side with Jon/Aegon?
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 AM

Default Game Of Thrones last season

Quote:
Well, there may be something in what you say. When Jon hit her with his identity, I did think her first thought was the throne, not the aunt/nephew factor. And that thing she did with Sansa, pulling her hand away while they were bonding because Sansa asked about the north. Plus, when she talked about her brother Viserys, she sounded...well, not exactly fond of him, but not as disgusted as you'd think either considering he treated her like chattel and that she shed no tears when he died that horrible death.

So how will the fireproof Khalesi die? And will the dragons side with Jon/Aegon?

I wrote my post in haste without adding her little chat with Sansa, so thank you for bringing that up. That right there said just about everything you need to know about Dani and her intentions. She wants to rule the seven kingdoms, nothing less will do.

You can go back and remember how firm she was on Jon bending the knee to “earn” her help. Yes, she fell for Jon but her remark about being “manipulated” by Jon is just a play by her. She needs Jon as much as Jon needs her. It’s a tactical decision to join Jon, deal with the Night King, and then get back to ruling the seven kingdoms business...whether Jon is there on not after with her is unimportant, or at least not as important as being the ruler of the seven kingdoms.

Just remember Cercei’s words to Ned Stark in season one:
“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die”. Dani is in the game, Jon just joined the game. One of them (or both) will die.

*edit*
I just had a lightbulb moment because of that quote. That line was used for a reason, not because they wanted to use the name of the show. It tells you exactly what happens when you make a play for the iron throne. Think about it, every single person that either sat on the throne, or made a play for the throne has died (even indirect players like Ned Stark). Whoever has made a play and is still alive, will die by the end of the show (or sit on the throne). Here’s my list of iron throne players, I’ll classify them as direct and indirect players:

Direct:
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
Stannis Baratheon
Thommen Baratheon
Petyr Baelish
Viserys Targaryen
Dani Targaryen
Cersei Lannister
Varys
Euron Greyjoy

Indirect:
Ned Stark
Jamie Lannister
Jon Snow

So from those lists, most are dead, and those that are still living will either die or sit on the throne. What do you guys think?

Yet another edit:

Why Varys? Varys has claimed over and over that he serves the realm whenever his intentions are questioned. He was very clear on what he wants when he had that conversation with Oberyn. Oberyn asks him if he’s not interested in boys or girls, Varys replies that he has seen what desire does to people. And when you’re not preoccupied when your carnal desires, you can pursue more important things, and then he glances to the throne. I find it fascinating how mysterious he seems to be with his intentions, but he seemed very clear in that scene. Yes, he’s loyal to the realm, but I bet he believes he’s what’s best for the realm, and he playing that game of thrones like the best chess master.

Last edited by 1neeto; 04-25-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Why Varys? Varys has claimed over and over that he serves the realm whenever his intentions are questioned. He was very clear on what he wants when he had that conversation with Oberyn. Oberyn asks him if he’s not interested in boys or girls, Varys replies that he has seen what desire does to people. And when you’re not preoccupied when your carnal desires, you can pursue more important things, and then he glances to the throne. I find it fascinating how mysterious he seems to be with his intentions, but he seemed very clear in that scene. Yes, he’s loyal to the realm, but I bet he believes he’s what’s best for the realm, and he playing that game of thrones like the best chess master.
I don't think he is ruthless enough (no testosterone?)

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic