The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-14-2019, 09:08 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
What a spectacular looking instrument ... can't wait for the sound clip!
I'm barely fit to stand in your shadow, David. You're a modern legend. Thanks for the kind comment!
Old 05-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

So glad that I got to see this guitar when Ken took delivery of it at B.I.G. Top notch work with premiere tone woods and pushing the envelope design (even by Steve's standards). Congratulations to Ken on your new guitar and Steve for stretching creatively to make it happen.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey Ernie,
I'd like to point out that, like Ken, you were instrumental (pun intended) in spurring me on to expand my designs. When I built your Element guitar, you challenged me to come up with a new bridge and a new rosette design- which have become a thematic trademark since then. The "Element" style appointments, named after you, are a big part of my brand identity now.

I'd also like to mention to everyone that Sage97 (Ernie) is a world-class singer. He has sent me numerous recordings over the years, which I've compiled into my iTunes library. Listening to Ernie sing and play guitar is a very moving experience. I can't understand why he isn't a worldwide celebrity with talent like that.
Wow Stephen. You’re giving me too much credit for The Element design. I really can’t think of a single thing I contributed. That was all you. Your words about my attempts to sing are too generous. I don’t quite know what to say. Thank you again for your compliment.

The design on this new guitar is a true innovation. I’ve never seen anything like it before. All that talent and creativity can only come from a supreme being. You are blessed.

My new music room is almost done and I’m considering a few songs. I will record with the Element and if I manage to not totally embarrass myself, I’ll send you another recording. They’re quite effective in scaring telemarketers off.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:30 AM

Default Soundclip

As I posted above, here is a soundclip.

This is dry, via a DPA-4099G mic, DI to Apollo and Logic Pro X. I had the preamp gain turned a bit low and didn’t notice until after I bounced the file.

All recording problems and flubbed notes are strictly mine, and should not be held against the wonderful guitar Steve has made.

Last edited by Kahobbs; 09-25-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: revised gain

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop