The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
If anyone wants to hear what my set up sounds like, guitar/vocal into Yamaha MG06x mixer into the Irig Pro into the phone. u can visit my Facebook page Joe Riccardello. Listen to Let's Stay Together. Most of the other videos are using the iphone mic.
You Facebook page is still just showing your Happy Together video. Might be something in your settings? Check the video's settings and make sure the privacy is set to Public and not just Friends. Otherwise only your friends will be able to see the video. It's the little icon at the top just to the right of the date and time it was posted.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
You Facebook page is still just showing your Happy Together video. Might be something in your settings? Check the video's settings and make sure the privacy is set to Public and not just Friends. Otherwise only your friends will be able to see the video. It's the little icon at the top just to the right of the date and time it was posted.
thanks Methos1979! I just made it public
Old 04-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
thanks Methos1979! I just made it public
Yep, that did the trick! I liked Wild World the best. All For You was bass heavy. Stay Together was good as well though the vocals seemed a little more compressed than on Wild World. Funny to listen to the difference between the recordings straight off the line source and the mic on your phone. Much better isolation on the line source but almost too much as you lose the 'ambiance' of the room. But in the end I'd much rather have that than the other, I suppose. And these were recordings then uploaded to Facebook, right? They were not FB Live streamed, correct?
Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Yep, that did the trick! I liked Wild World the best. All For You was bass heavy. Stay Together was good as well though the vocals seemed a little more compressed than on Wild World. Funny to listen to the difference between the recordings straight off the line source and the mic on your phone. Much better isolation on the line source but almost too much as you lose the 'ambiance' of the room. But in the end I'd much rather have that than the other, I suppose. And these were recordings then uploaded to Facebook, right? They were not FB Live streamed, correct?
Thnx Methos. Still learning as I go...
Yes uploaded to Facebook, not live streamed.

Last edited by jricc; 04-08-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Final update added to first post with links to videos.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Second AGF Open Mic, Sunday, 4/26/20, 5 PM EST (GMT-5)

Hello AGF friends! As many know, we held our first AGF Open Mic this past Sunday and it was a success with 5 performers and even more people watching. So we're going to have another go at it this Sunday. You can participate or just watch. For this particular Open Mic we use Facebook Live so you will need to be on Facebook and then join the AGF Open Mic which is a private group so only members can participate or watch although you can share your performance with your friends on your own timeline after the fact if you wish.

Here's what you need to do to perform: Click the link below to go to the group page and request to join if you have not already done so. Post a reply with your AGF 'handle' (nickname) in the Second AGF Open Mic Announcement post at the top and declare your interest in playing. I will create a list based on responses to the post.

How it will work: I'll start it off with a brief welcome and then we'll go down the list and each person can perform from one to three songs depending on how many sign up to play. Performers should be ready to go when it's their turn to keep lag between Live sessions short. Originals and/or covers are welcome. Keep the banter brief and to the point. It's all about the music! But brief comments about the song, your guitar or live setup can be fun and informative. My wife and I will perform last this time as we performed first last time.

What YOU will need to be able to do to perform: Already be familiar with the Facebook Live function. It's fairly simple once you're familiar with it. You should practice on your own to get a good tone and be able to start and stop. There are a few posts over in the AGF Amplification section and there are many on YouTube. Here's a link to a post that details the testing I did as well as a demo video of my final, simple setup: Facebook Live Streaming - what worked, what didn't UPDATE: iRig2 & iRig Pro results

The most important thing to remember is to have patience and fun! Let's make the Second AGF Open Mic even better than the first!

Last edited by Methos1979; 04-24-2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Not allowed.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

We're up to 53 members so far at the AGF Open Mic FB page! I just had to recreate the Event over on the FB group page because I had the wrong date in a couple places - duh! So, sorry about that. We had 8 people confirmed as going plus a few maybes so please go over and click on it again.

Also note that if you plan on performing I need you to respond to the Announcement post on the FB group page with your name and AGF handle and I'll add you to the list. So far we only have two performers. You can also let me know here via post or PM.

We've had a few people request an AGF Open Mic be held on Saturday and I'm planning on doing that next week, so stay tuned for that if you can't make this week's.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:50 AM

looking forward to it! See you all this Sunday at 5pm EST!
Old 04-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Sounds great! I'll be tuning in.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:21 AM

I just joined. Once I am accepted, I'll jump on the list to perform Sunday.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 04-22-2020, 12:31 PM

Thanks for setting this up, Methos. I just joined the group and put it on my calendar. Looking forward to listening.
Christian
Old 04-22-2020, 01:13 PM

I'll be there as an observer. I look forward to seeing/hearing everyone!
1984 Rickenbacker 330
1990s Mosrite (Kurokumo) Ventures
2002/2005 Fender Japan '60s Tele [TL-62-66US]
2008 Hallmark 60 Custom
2018 Martin Custom Shop 00-18 slot-head

1963 Fender Bandmaster (blonde blackface)
1965 Ampeg Gemini I
2020 Mojotone tweed Champ kit build
Old 04-24-2020, 04:15 AM

Working on my streaming setup. I’ll be using my iPhone for camera and feeding audio through a Steinberg UR22 mk II. I have been playing with an open source broadcasting package - OBS (and also a version called SLOBS (really!)).

One of the big issues that I keep running into, as opposed to the analog days, is finding sources of buzzes, hums and whines. Chased down two more yesterday - the USB line that went into the monitor speakers and today’s challenge - mute the mic on the iPhone. It should be so simple, but it ain’t.

Add to this the long standing issue that very few cables are properly shielded any more. Oh well, maybe the electronic whine will cover up the whine of my voice.

See you Sunday.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:59 AM

Hey all.....I think it would be cool to give each week's Open Mic a "theme".
We have been doing this in another group and it keeps things interesting.

Some themes we have done are:

hair bands of the 90s
soundtracks
one hit wonders
southern rock
soft rock
70s
80s
traveling songs
remakes
punk

the possibilities are endless
Old 04-24-2020, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Not a bad idea. My one reservation would be it might make someone that was otherwise wanting to perform decide not to if they didn't have material that 'fit' the 'theme'. And now that these announcements get moved over here we'll be struggling to get any newcomers as it is. I was getting two or three new people joining the group an hour on the main page. Since the thread got move here, not a single request in over 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Hey all.....I think it would be cool to give each week's Open Mic a "theme".
We have been doing this in another group and it keeps things interesting.

Some themes we have done are:

hair bands of the 90s
soundtracks
one hit wonders
southern rock
soft rock
70s
80s
traveling songs
remakes
punk

the possibilities are endless