The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Doug (and others)

When one launches YouTube, the little camera symbol in the upper right corner area takes people to the stream-live-on-YouTube section.

Found it, thanks Larry.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
I’m thinking about trying one of these, but want to research the difference between the regular MV88 and the +kit (aside from the accessories). I thought I read there may be some compatibility issues with the lightning connectors on one of them (I have an iPad Pro and iPhone X).
I have one of those, but have barely used it. I expected to use it more for better audio recordings on the go, like recording an idea in a hotel room. For video, I don't think it solves the core issue that the best place for your phone is usually too far away to get good sound. Something like the Blue Raspberry would seems more useful, since you can position the mic and camera separately. The Raspberry comes with a lightening connector and works perfectly with iPhone and iPad (just used on one a demo of the acapella app, posted here a few days ago). There are also iOS-friendly audio interfaces that will let you use any mic, or plug in.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I have one of those, but have barely used it. I expected to use it more for better audio recordings on the go, like recording an idea in a hotel room. For video, I don't think it solves the core issue that the best place for your phone is usually too far away to get good sound. Something like the Blue Raspberry would seems more useful, since you can position the mic and camera separately. The Raspberry comes with a lightening connector and works perfectly with iPhone and iPad (just used on one a demo of the acapella app, posted here a few days ago). There are also iOS-friendly audio interfaces that will let you use any mic, or plug in.
Thanks Doug!
Old 04-02-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Thanks, Doug.

Another place to get very good info on various cameras, smartphone video, and Zoom video recorders is Fran Guidry's excellent Homebrewedmusic.com website.

Here's some specifics about acoustic guitar recording with the Zoom Q4, but other Zooms are also represented on his site.

https://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2014...t-the-zoom-q4/
Thanks, Rudy but I'm afraid I haven't been keeping up with things on Homebrewed Music. I've been tempted by the Zoom Q2n but I've resisted so far.

I have collected a few iRig pieces and have been pretty impressed, just did a little private video with an iPhone, iRig Pro Duo, and the big red Avantone CK40 and it came out pretty nicely. For folks who have a mic or two these iRig interface tools can be pretty useful.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD