The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-08-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Taking Lessons

Dear Guitar Enthusiasts,
Hi from Denver. My first post here to seek for comments about finding ways to learn flamenco guitar. Thank you in advance for taking your time to read and to comment.
Here is a brief story about my guitar playing history: I grew up in Taiwan. As a teenager, I picked up a guitar and self taught for some folk songs (Taiwan) and 70's music (US). All I did was learning to read tab and mixed strumming and finger picking by some books.
After laying off from guitar playing for thirty years, I've picked up a guitar again last year and my main focus is flamenco style. I'm also interested in the new world category, such as Jesse Cook and Johannes Linstead.
I have taken lessons from a couple of local instructors and I did not find them particularly easy to dedicate my time for the lessons as I have other hobbies and obligations like most people here.
After finished Juan Serrano's Flamenco Guitar Basic Techniques, I've picked up Juan Martin's Play Solo Flamenco Guitar, 0-8, two volumes. I'm at the end of level 1 but I feel that I may have start to develop bad habits as I go.
My question here is that any of you have experience with this place called sfgs: spanish flamenco guitar society (delete link). I'm looking for private online lessons only and not interested in getting the whole program and diploma.
If you know of any good instructors offering online lessons, I'm also interested in that.
Thank you for your time.

Vincent

Last edited by Su V; 04-08-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Welcome to the community. I think some members here might be able to assist you in finding an online instructor.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:52 PM

Thank you. I'm thinking of starting a new post that will be more to the point of what I'm looking for-- Needed/ Wanted: Flamenco guitar instructor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write