The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Default An old easy jazz song I can't get out of my head

I'm old enough to have heard and bought this in its first run and it is finally back in print after Creed Taylor Records went under. Give Women of Ireland by Bob James a listen and try not to be beguiled. The string counterpoint is simply gorgeous. Of course, I'm an absolute sucker for a good melody. I've been trying to reduce this to a fingerstyle piece for years and don't think its gonna happen. I definitely won't be doing the alternating measures of time sigs. I've played it live a few times and it has been well-received, but think this is going to end up a multitrack combo piece if I ever do it. Jamaica Farewell is pretty nice as well.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 02-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Default Re....

Thanks, that was a great listen while I had my Saturday morning cup of coffee....It started out all Celtic with the pipes..then a nice change to a jazzy feel...Thx I enjoyed that...Dan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell