The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-24-2021, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Default Can anyone help me with a David Crosby song? Please!

I'm desperately trying to learn David Crosby's "In my Dreams" and I'm stuck on the part at the end. His songs are usually anything but normal and this one us in DADDGC tuning.

I'm watching and re-watching the video below and I've been able to figure out what he's playing except for the outro, which just has me stumped!

If there are any Crosby fans who can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Here's the video. The part I'm talking about starts at about 3:46.

https://youtu.be/JsEulksI1y8

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:59 AM

Depending on what browser you are using, you should be able to slow motion the video and see exactly what he is doing.. a really large monitor will help.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:29 PM

Looks like he just lays his finger across two strings at the same fret, like a power chord in standard tuning, and slides around a little. I haven’t tried playing it, though.

As der Geist suggested, you might be able to slow the video. I can’t do it with my newish TV or old smart phone, but on a desktop computer running Windows, you click on the symbol that looks like a gear at the bottom of the YouTube screen and choose the playback speed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write