The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-13-2021, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
The Packers were on the old exhibition schedule of 4 games I think.
Yep, that explains a lot!
Old 09-13-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Defense needs some work. I think Mac did the job very well. It was penalties and turnovers what killed us. That last fumble sealed the deal.
Yea, that fumble cost the Patriots the game. I don't see the Pats losing that game without the fumble given it's a chip shot field goal.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, that fumble cost the Patriots the game. I don't see the Pats losing that game without the fumble given it's a chip shot field goal.

Yep. All that was needed was a first down and run the clock. It was dumb to fight for that extra yard when it was unnecessary. They also need to work on their red zone offense.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Yep. All that was needed was a first down and run the clock. It was dumb to fight for that extra yard when it was unnecessary. They also need to work on their red zone offense.
Well to be fair, it would have been first and goal with almost 4 minutes left in the game. They really should have tried for the TD as a FG what have left a ton of time on the clock for a drive from Miami for a FG attempt.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 09-14-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Well to be fair, it would have been first and goal with almost 4 minutes left in the game. They really should have tried for the TD as a FG what have left a ton of time on the clock for a drive from Miami for a FG attempt.

Yeah there was a lot of time for a touchdown. I’m sure they’re coming out of this one stronger. Patriots are known to start the season slow. How many times people said Brady was done when things were looking like 3-2, and they still made it to the super bowl?
Old 09-14-2021, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

…..both the NFC and AFC western divisions went 4-0 this weekend….I reckon they’ll be beating up on each other as the season goes on…no clear favorites with the possible exception of KC….
Old 09-14-2021, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Crazy game last night, great to see the Raiders get the W against a good team.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:15 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Crazy game last night, great to see the Raiders get the W against a good team.
Yeah, was it ever! It was fun to watch.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:29 AM

Default LOL!

Oh Joy, Oh Joy! Next week will have the Lions at the Packers..........
Old 09-14-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
+1. Look at the Steelers last year, 11-0 and then the wheels fell off as they lost 4 of the last 5 and then lost to the Browns in the playoffs.
Don't remind me - and don't jinx the Steelers. This could be the last year on contention for them as they search for their next franchise quarterback. I only hope the next one has a short, easier to spell name who isn't so full of himself. He can still be built like a bull though!

That being said, I'm glad to see that Pittsburgh got the win even though they went in as the underdogs. I'm particularly pleased by how the defense performed.

As I said before, I don't have high hopes but a wild card appearance would be nice - but it was nice to see that Kansas City pulled it through an upset the Browns and that the Raiders upset the Ravens in OT.

With that in mind, too bad that we're up against the latter next week. Mike Tomlin worked for Gruden for 4 years as an assistant. I'm expecting an L - but again won't be disappointed if it doesn't come to be!
Old 09-14-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Don't remind me - and don't jinx the Steelers. This could be the last year on contention for them as they search for their next franchise quarterback. I only hope the next one has a short, easier to spell name who isn't so full of himself. He can still be built like a bull though!

That being said, I'm glad to see that Pittsburgh got the win even though they went in as the underdogs. I'm particularly pleased by how the defense performed.

As I said before, I don't have high hopes but a wild card appearance would be nice - but it was nice to see that Kansas City pulled it through an upset the Browns and that the Raiders upset the Ravens in OT.

With that in mind, too bad that we're up against the latter next week. Mike Tomlin worked for Gruden for 4 years as an assistant. I'm expecting an L - but again won't be disappointed if it doesn't come to be!
Hey Neil, what's the feeling like in the Pittsburg area regarding Big Ben? Are fans/sportscasters thinking this is his final year? Are they expecting much from him?
Old 09-14-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Hey Neil, what's the feeling like in the Pittsburg area regarding Big Ben? Are fans/sportscasters thinking this is his final year? Are they expecting much from him?
We thought he was done two years ago but he’s too egocentric and passive aggressive to walk away saying things like “I guess this old cowboy still has a few tricks left” and the like. Granted, going 11-0 was pretty invigorating but everybody knows how THAT turned out. I think the majority of Steelers fans are trying best to look ahead but agree that Mason Rudolph is not it. A few are hoping that Dwayne Haskins straightens his act out and steps up. The front office meanwhile still feels that Rudolph is firmly in the #2 slot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic