The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-15-2021, 04:21 PM

Default lunch

First off let me say that I am NOT a foody guy!! nothing gets me angrier than food! I am still working , but lunch seems to be getting harder to deal with . The older I get [68] the worse I get . I look up things on the web to try and figure out what to bring for lunch and I just don't wanna do it.Lost my taste for sliced bread but the only staple is PB&J. Not a lunchmeat fan. Trying to eat right but it's so tough! What do you guys do for lunch?
Old 09-15-2021, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
First off let me say that I am NOT a foody guy!! nothing gets me angrier than food! I am still working , but lunch seems to be getting harder to deal with . The older I get [68] the worse I get . I look up things on the web to try and figure out what to bring for lunch and I just don't wanna do it.Lost my taste for sliced bread but the only staple is PB&J. Not a lunchmeat fan. Trying to eat right but it's so tough! What do you guys do for lunch?
The season's about over, but cut up a tomato, cut up a cucumber and
sprinkle feta on it. No liquid dressing needed, the tomato water mixes
with the feta... mmmm...

I made some different kinds of peas recently, crowder peas most recently.
Frozen ones. Throw them in the crock pot with chicken broth and country
ham. Besides being a side at supper, it makes a good lunch too.

-Mike "I eat 5 guys and milk shakes for lunch sometimes... "
Old 09-15-2021, 05:49 PM

We always just make extra dinner for one leftover lunch. Too much and we won't eat it all but one day is enough.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

Pretty much every day I eat a yogurt, an apple (or some other fruit) and a Pb sandwich. Sometimes with jelly. Sometimes with honey.

But the bread’s gotta be good.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 09-15-2021, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Default lunch

Often I eat apple slices dipped in peanut butter. An apple and two of the single serve “To Go” Jif peanut butter containers are easily portable and has enough calories to keep me from getting hangry.

If I want to mix things up I replace the apple with celery and the peanut butter with the single serving humus.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:09 PM

Often leftovers.

But I like doing wraps. Grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday and eat it all week in wraps with a bunch of different ingredients to keep it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 09-16-2021, 11:07 AM

I eat a lot of pb and honey sandwiches. I hate making them, but I will not go out and spend money on lunch, nor would it be good for me.

I also eat sliced apple and p-nut butter, and everyday I have my yogurt sprinkled with granola (and sometimes sliced banana, too).

I feel your pain.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

I'm going to make a ham and cheese sammich in a few minutes.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

All of the above for me.

I'm lucky, it is a 5 minute drive from work to my house. Bringing the same thing every day must get boring.

Today I had soup and some beef jerky. Sandwiches some days. Leftovers (watch the portions or you are soon eating 2 dinners a day). A big salad with a protein on top. Crack an egg. Fruit smoothie w/yogurt. Peanut butter on toast (Dave's Killer Bread whole grain). One of those bar things the kids eat (supposedly healthy, I dunno).

Lunch is one of the highlights of my day
Old 09-16-2021, 12:46 PM

I work from home...

basically

I have lots of options...!

not sure if you're into it.. but them frozen dinner thingys have come a long way,,

there's actually some pretty good asian inspired ones that I would take back in my office bound days.

not like the real deal, but in pinch...

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 09-16-2021, 01:20 PM

Try some cereal if you like that, something where the first ingredient is a whole grain and not loaded with sugar.

Boiled eggs. I boil 4 of them at a time and it lasts me 4 days. Easy.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:54 AM

I eat breakfast late, (pancakes and bacon [tho the bacon is every other day])- somewhere between 930 and noon, depending on how hungry I get when. Then I don't have to worry about lunch but will snack in the afternoon time (3 to 430ish) on honey roasted cashews and sweet tea .... and coffee tides me over a bit too

At 73, what's right for me is what I want- what I want is to just satisfy my hunger. I've never been a live to eat person- I eat to live. Period. That's not to say I don't enjoy a good meal, because I definitely do - but I hate cleaning up the mess and I don't like to wait long-
Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 AM

I had me a hankerin' for some Chinese food yesterday, so I swung on over to the China Wok restaurant for some shrimp lo-mein and some pork fried rice. Not the best Chinese food I've ever had, but it scratched the itch...
Old 09-17-2021, 08:12 AM

My wife and I both WFH and have for a while. (We both travel for work as well but that has been pretty much shut down for the past 18 months.)

She was running around yesterday and brought me a nice Chicken Caesar salad from Panera. Yummy and it had the illusion of being healthy. The roll that came with it was delish.

Typically, I’ll just scrounge something here or run out for a quick sandwich or something. Trying hard to not snack during the day as I’ve put on the Covid 10 and would really like to take it off.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Lunch is tough if you can't have a sandwich, which I shouldn't because I'm avoiding carbs.

I really miss PB&Js. But my blood sugar is down to high-normal and my weight is excellent.

Most days I'll just have some nuts and maybe some cheese. I save my carbs for cocktail hour!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic