The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-10-2010, 06:13 PM

When one has a warranty issue, isn't it best to take it back to the dealer and let them deal with the maker? I ask because, fortunately, I have never had to do this.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Well, I received a prompt response from Tornovoz music today and it looks very favorable. I believe they are going to make it right. I will let you know more soon.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Default Cordoba guitars

Hi,

My experience with Cordoba guitars is limited to owning one and having played a few of their models. Back in 2007 I bought a 45FCE handmade in Spain which didn't before the purchase.
Cosmetically is really nice, but the neck feels rough possibly because of the frets. I cannot get used to it after all this time. It has an intonation problem that I couldn't resolve on my own despite trying a variety of strings from different manufacturers. I'm not sure if it's worth investing in a fret job without knowing if this will solve the problem.
It has a punchy tone useful for live situations. I'm not crazy about the Fishman electronics either as they make it sound very thin even with treble and presence off. IMO sounds better on a bigger PA vs small two speaker setup. I like it unplugged, but the intonation issue makes it impossible to record with.
Comparing to my old Takamine EC132SC it is not as nearly as playable having the same nut width.
A couple of days ago I played a GK model which I liked a lot despite the buzz happening on the bottom strings. It has a nice finish, and it's miles ahead in the playability department than the 45FCE I own. In Sam Ash they have only one GK and one C10. I didn't care about the C10 at all. The price is right for GK model, but this time I'd like to play before I pay. I'd like to find one with B-Band electronics though.
It felt like the GK might be a worthy replacement for the 45FCE. I wish SA or GC have more than one in stock though.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 AM

I wanted to give an update on my Cordoba issue. To make a long story short and sweet, they fixed my original guitar, which is what I wanted to do in the first place, replaced my saddle with bone and shipped it back to me in a better case, and although there was a bit of a communication gap, they did stand behind their product and made sure I was completely satisfied with the results; Kudos to Cordoba for sure. Thank you Cordoba for your attention to seeing that I was happy with the outcome and for providing the after sale attention. It just shows that a few might slip here and there, but they do stand behind their products.

Consider this case closed.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM

So glas things worked out for you.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Judging from my personal experience with Cordoba guitars, as well as from comments by many other players, the quality and consistency of Cordoba guitars has improved a lot since this thread was started in 2010.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:04 PM

Default Just bought a pair of them ...

I just bought a Cordoba Solista spruce top, and liked it so much I wanted another Cordoba. So I bought a Cordoba 45 CO - cedar top with Cocobola sides and back (laminate I believe).

I found then to be quite wonderful sounding. First thing you need to do is change the strings. That made a big difference for me. On the Solista I lowered the action some using the truss rod.

I like these because they are made in Spain. I just wanted something with a little heritage.

I hear the C10 is great. The C12 is supposed to be awesome with different bracing that makes for a much louder guitar.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:39 PM

I bought an F7 flamenco and am pleased with it. As some great guitarists have said , it depends a lot on the player.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:20 PM

I once owned a Cordoba C12 lattice braced spruce top guitar but I eventually sold it. It had great volume but I just didn't like the quality of the tone. I also found that the neck shape was a bit uncomfortable for me. I prefer bigger necks. The rossette was also kind of ugly to my taste.

That being said, one of my guitar students bought a Cordoba C5 Iberia series cedar top and I was totally blown away by how amazing it sounded. It's a really nice guitar and he's really happy with it.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:30 AM

Love the Cordoba guitars!!!

I have owned a number of Cordoba guitars over the years.

A partial list off the top of my head; GK Studio, C10 Crossover, KOA classical, Orchestra Cedar, Solista Spruce, GK PRO Negra, C10 Cedar.

The made in Spain seemed to have the most issues such as lifted & sharp frets, excess poly finish. Whereas those made in China have been much better.

It took me a while to finally come to the conclusion that the "crossover" narrower width guitars just don't work for me.

I'm not sure why but anything under 1.9" width is a no go for me.

My current wish list from Cordoba is a solid wood side and back with a cedar top classical with a cutaway.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 09-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Default Looking for a Cordoba.

Been wonderful finding this thread as I am on the lookout for a Cordoba C5 to start learning some classical pieces. I was going to order on line, best deal possible so to speak but now will search out the right guitar. Undecided whether to go traditional, traditional with electronics or Thinline. Should be nice finding out what suits best. Appreciate all the comments positive and negative. Refreshing to hear from Jay and get some excellent input straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
D45 Replica in open D
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster
Marshall AS50D Amp.
Line 6 Amplifi 30
Blackstar HT1R Tube Amp
DigiTech JamMan Stereo Looper Pedal
Old 09-20-2019, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

I just purchased a used Cordoba Master Series Torres. These guitars are made in California. I was interested in a small bodied, shorter scale (640)instrument. It’s body is smaller than my Kenny Hill 628, but the guitar is much louder than the Hill. The tone is amazing. I’m still experimenting with strings but am very, very happy with the guitar. I’ve never owned a Cordoba prior but am now open to acquiring one of the parlors(7/8 size) for the office.
Cheers.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
I just purchased a used Cordoba Master Series Torres. These guitars are made in California. I was interested in a small bodied, shorter scale (640)instrument. It’s body is smaller than my Kenny Hill 628, but the guitar is much louder than the Hill. The tone is amazing. I’m still experimenting with strings but am very, very happy with the guitar. I’ve never owned a Cordoba prior but am now open to acquiring one of the parlors(7/8 size) for the office.
Cheers.
OK many thanks for that. I'll look into those. I start my search in earnest in the next few days. Just sold a steel string to put towards the deposit. So excited.
D45 Replica in open D
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster
Marshall AS50D Amp.
Line 6 Amplifi 30
Blackstar HT1R Tube Amp
DigiTech JamMan Stereo Looper Pedal

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical