The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-19-2020, 04:01 PM

Before Europeans reached the west coast of Canada, where I live, native settlements were dotted up and down the coast (never inland) and the waterways (ocean) were used for transportation via canoes and most especially along the rivers were settlements on the estuary flat lands where a plentiful supply of fish could be had. The flat land estuaries are consistent with native remains every time developers go in to excavate - I’m living on estuary land now, and although I’m not superstitious, it does not feel right at all, and my dog has regular bad dream episodes in the night.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
There is, essentially no such thing as mass
Yes there is...I'm originally from Mass....my wife is from New Hampshire....folks from there called us Massholes.......I didn't like it that much������������
Still waiting for the ghost story��
2004 Taylor 214
2011 Taylor GC4
1964 Fender Stratocaster
1965 Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Twin Reverb
Old 01-19-2020, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Time for a bit of levity (or is that levitating?!?!?)

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Abrahamson View Post
Still waiting for the ghost story��

OK story #1 of 3 and, in good storytelling fashion, they will get progressively less "tame".

My friend's family is extremely well grounded, well adjusted, "well to do" folks. They are all professionals and the family of four all hold high level leadership positions. They are very prim and proper and although American you could pass for British aristocracy in demeanor and behavior.

The matriarch of the family and the son (my close friend) both had the experience. They visited their relative's neighbor and friend and were at their house across town.

They heard footsteps upstairs on the wooden floors of the old house. The distinctly heard walking, heard door open and close and heard dresser drawers shutting.

The homeowner was nonplussed.

They asked who was upstairs home and the homeowner said it was their ghost. According to them, it is a benevolent spirit and never causes any problems or bad feelings. Their home was investigated by paranormal 'experts" in haunted places. The owner does not seek celebrity nor advertise about this.

According to them it is the spirit of an elderly lady - and different children (who don't know each other) have claimed to see her. Only children can see her.

In past years, there were instances of a child going upstairs, talking (with both muffled voices heard) and coming downstairs with an old toy.

The toy was never in the house and the child said the old woman gave to them.

My friend (who is a graduate level educated rational logical high level business leader) very clearly described that he heard that - no mistaking, no tricks, no imaginations. He was a skeptic.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-19-2020, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Archeology and ghosts

My youngest sister lives in Mobile, Al. She purchased an older home in the midtown district. She was familiar with the history of the home- it had been built by a lumber baron for his daughter which explained the uncommonly beautiful flooring. The daughter had past away and her younger brother, Bernard,ultimately lived their until he passed- supposedly in the home.
She told me she would have odd things happen that she would attribute to Bernards presence. She would call out, “Bernard, cut it out!” And similar such things periodically. She was never scared of Bernard but was regularly unnerved.
One Friday afternoon she was waiting on a side neighbor’s porch for the cable company to show up ( during the four hour window) and set up her cable tv. Apparently she was in the bathroom when the cable crew pulled in. The work truck pulled all the way up her drive so that she also didn’t see the truck in her drive.

The workers approached her front door and rang the bell. According to the cable men, her dogs jumped up on the back of the sofa that sat in-front of the front window and started barking.

They then heard a man’s voice shout, “Get down from there!”
They said, “Sir we are here to install your cable.” They got no response so re-rang the bell. The dogs again mounted the couch and began barking and,again, a man told them to get down and they did.
They reportedly said, “Sir, we have an appointment install your cable” but got no response.
So they got in their truck and we’re backing out when my sister saw them and scurried over to catch them leaving.
She said “Oh I’m so glad I didn’t miss you!”
They said,” Your husband wouldn’t let us in.”
“I don’t have a husband”, she replied.
“Well, the man in your house wouldn’t let us in.”
“There isn’t supposed to be a man in my house!”she squealed.
Flustered, she,her neighbor and the workmen entered her house, walked through out and found it empty. The workers were incredulous but agreed to set up here cable and then promptly left.

My sister had the local parish priest come and anoint their house. She stopped having issues there after but ultimately no longer wanted to live there. She sold the house and lives a few doors down.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
She told me she would have odd things happen that she would attribute to Bernards presence. She would call out, “Bernard, cut it out!” And similar such things periodically. She was never scared of Bernard but was regularly unnerved....

They then heard a man’s voice shout, “Get down from there!”
Well Bernard sounds like he was keeping the dogs off her furniture and not such a bad guy.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-19-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
..some are in tune with the infinite and some are not...sometimes the only thing separating believers and non believers are actual experiences...
I couldn't agree more.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic