The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Truefire's classical course

Anyone try this Truefire course?

"Andrew Leonard's Beginner Method for Classical Guitar"

I'm leery of a "course" without feedback. Its one thing to learn a few tunes from online courses, but something like this I'm wondering if just working on getting good tone from the right hand would be better for an experienced steel string player.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 07-24-2021, 11:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post

I'm leery of a "course" without feedback. Its one thing to learn a few tunes from online courses, but something like this I'm wondering if just working on getting good tone from the right hand would be better for an experienced steel string player.
It looks like he has 16 reviews on the site, all positive, all 5 stars. Haven't watched the course, but it looks like the standard true fire setup, instruction and a bunch of tunes to learn. Can't hurt, right?
Old 07-25-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post

Barry, my view is that for a player like yourself you would be better off working through some of the Etudes by Sor (Op 60 is a great place to start) I joined a thread on Delcamp focused entirely on learning, posting and getting critique on first Op 60 and then Op 35. These allow you to learn simple pieces that focus on many of the basic classical challenges (quite a few in my YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 07-25-2021, 01:11 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
It looks like he has 16 reviews on the site, all positive, all 5 stars. Haven't watched the course, but it looks like the standard true fire setup, instruction and a bunch of tunes to learn. Can't hurt, right?
Thanks Doug, that's a good way to look at it. I might bite on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Barry, my view is that for a player like yourself you would be better off working through some of the Etudes by Sor (Op 60 is a great place to start) I joined a thread on Delcamp focused entirely on learning, posting and getting critique on first Op 60 and then Op 35. These allow you to learn simple pieces that focus on many of the basic classical challenges (quite a few in my YouTube)
Thanks Peter. I downloaded the GuitarPro files of the 25 etudes of Op 60 from classclef. I'll see how it goes. I want to practice planting so I'll try it with these.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical