The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-15-2024, 02:07 PM

Default Guild BT-240E baritone guitar

Anyone have experience with this baritone acoustic 6 string guitar?
Old 04-15-2024, 04:54 PM

See my post in your other thread.
The 6 string baritone is a fun alternate guitar and can be used in many ways.

The Guild Baritone is a great value in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:38 PM

When I decided to get an acoustic baritone, the BT-240E is what I ended up with. Construction is good, fit and finish is fine. I like it.

In that price range, it's pretty much Guild or Alvarez. Alvarez makes good guitars too, but I preferred the Guild to the Alvarez Baritones I could play locally.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:51 AM

I purchased this guitar from Sweetwater a month ago.
Been wanting one for quite a while. By the time you buy a case, Sweetwaters setup fee and the guitar its just over a thousand dollars shipped. I am used to Martin dreads so the jumbo size is not an issue though the scale length is different. Fit and finish is good, tuners work well. Only issue I have had is the stock bridge pins are junk. 1st string change I had issues with the pins popping out. Swapped for a martin plastic set I had and no issues now. I tried the Alvarez model similar to the Guild and found the tone to my ears liking the guild.
I am in my mid 60's with arthritic hands so the low string tension means I can play longer. Also, if you play with others you will be transposing your music. A G chord is shaped like a regular C chord. D=G etc.
I use this to transpose...
https://www.songtive.com/en/chords/guitar/baritone/A
Old 04-16-2024, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
Fit and finish is good, tuners work well. Only issue I have had is the stock bridge pins are junk. 1st string change I had issues with the pins popping out. Swapped for a martin plastic set I had and no issues now.
I had the same problem on my 8 string Guild bari, the 8th string pin, right out of the box, wouldn't stay down. Had it set up by my luthier and he ramped the hole a bit and it works fine now.
Guild F212: 1964 (Hoboken), Guild Mark V: 1975 (Westerly), Guild Artist Award: 1975 (Westerly), Guild F50: 1976 (Westerly), Guild F512: 2010 (New Hartford), Pawless Mesquite Special: 2012, 90s Epi HR Custom (Samick), 2014 Guild OOO 12-fret Orpheum (New Hartford), 2013 12 fret Orpheum Dread (New Hartford), Guild BT258E, 8 string baritone, 1994 Guild D55, Westerly, 2023 Cordoba GK Negra Pro.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:13 AM

The two issues that I had with my Guild baritone were,

#1 the bass B pin would not come out and I had to break it out. I replaced all the pins with Brass pins to try to give the guitar a bit more treble end. It did help a bit.

#2 The tuning machines were stiff out of the box.
I loosened them up and put a drop of machine oil in each of the gears. Then I tightened them back up till they were holding and smooth.
They have worked very well sense then.

I really enjoy playing my Guild Baritone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion