The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-02-2024, 04:43 AM

My pedalboard & roadies ....

Old 04-02-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
The last one I posted was from a venue with a house PA so I line out from my Fishman Artist into their FOH board. Saturday I played a bit larger (and noisier) venue that doesn't have a house PA, so I brought my Evolve 30m.

What’s the second speaker on the right Mick?
Old 04-02-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
My pedalboard & roadies ....

Thank you for genuinely making me laugh. I have a good friend who seems to have made it his mission in life to buy and gig with every pedal know to man. I'm going to share this picture with him and give him some good natured ribbing.
1998 Fender Jazz Base
2001 Fender Stratocater - Eric Clapton Edition
2006 Taylor GS 8
2008 Fender Stratocaster - John Mayer Edition
2012 Takamine 12 String
2022 Fender Acoustasonic Player Telecaster
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Tube Amp
Bose L1 Pro8
Old 04-02-2024, 10:33 AM

Looks like EV30m is the most popular!
Old 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
What’s the second speaker on the right Mick?
That's an Alto that the venue uses for karaoke and games. I just ran through my stuff.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-02-2024, 11:52 AM

my mission in life took a 360 degree turn about 8 years ago, my rig is leaning against my couch 24/7/365

Last edited by Jaxon; 04-03-2024 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

This is our Wednesday weekly practice setup:

An old JBL Eon One (1 tower)with the two XLR inputs for VE-8 (my vocal & guitar).
Yamaha mixer MG06X into channel 3 of Eon One (John’s vocals & guitar)
My mic is sennheiser E935 with John’s is Shure SM-58.
Monitor is Alto TX-308 into JBL
Presently using a “GIANT” songbook, but transferring to iPad soon (I hope)

Our performing setup replaces the JBL with the Yamaha 400.

I would like to see what the EV-30 or 50M would sound like.
We are finally starting to get recognition (and gigs) after 3+ years of weekly sessions.

2021 Taylor 150e
2022 Gibson J45 standard
2016 Martin DR Centennial
2019 Epiphone PR5
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Boss VE-8
JBL Eon One
Redeye pre amp
Old 04-04-2024, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4mus6 View Post
This is our Wednesday weekly practice setup:

An old JBL Eon One (1 tower)with the two XLR inputs for VE-8 (my vocal & guitar).
Yamaha mixer MG06X into channel 3 of Eon One (John’s vocals & guitar)
My mic is sennheiser E935 with John’s is Shure SM-58.
Monitor is Alto TX-308 into JBL
Presently using a “GIANT” songbook, but transferring to iPad soon (I hope)

Our performing setup replaces the JBL with the Yamaha 400.

I would like to see what the EV-30 or 50M would sound like.
We are finally starting to get recognition (and gigs) after 3+ years of weekly sessions.
Yay Mike! Nice to see the VE-8 out there, it was one of my first investments and though I don't use it now, has a lot going for it (as do our e935 mics). I've also used the MG06x with my Bose L1 Compact.

My setup is somewhere up in this thread, but as you may know my main artillery is the 30m and I love it. The app can take a little patience to fully understand but the convenience is major.

As I've often said, the sub is the max of I want to lug up and down two flights every gig, and the 50m is more--that sub weighs over 44 pounds. If you can handle a five-gallon jug of water (41+ pounds) you're probably good. Its sound is impressive and can handle higher volumes more casually, but I've never felt underpowered with the 30m in my medium-size venues.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Yay Mike! Nice to see the VE-8 out there, it was one of my first investments and though I don't use it now, has a lot going for it (as do our e935 mics). I've also used the MG06x with my Bose L1 Compact.

My setup is somewhere up in this thread, but as you may know my main artillery is the 30m and I love it. The app can take a little patience to fully understand but the convenience is major.

Hey Chris! You must’ve been into my head when you wrote this! I’ve been seriously considering the Ev 30M since I started researching it (your insights are so helpful). The accompanying app plus what appears to be premium sound and projection has me pretty excited about it.(plus 4 XLR inputs)

Our venue setup consists of an older Yamaha 400 PA. It sounds good and I can do most adjustments to my liking. Everything else is same as our practice setup sans the JBL and mg606.

But….a recent post lamented having purchased a ton of PA equip over the years and he went back to a Fishman loudbox artist and was amazed at how well his guitar and microphone sounded. I too have a loudbox that’s been setting for several years gathering dust. Sometimes I think we need “more” and I get weird like wanting that 30M…

Since the beginning of the year our duo has taken off like I never thought would happen with several gigs booked in coming months (plus as extra bonus…considerably more money). I think that is why I’m stressing thinking we need “better” sound! O well…I’m pretty happy to just be playing and having fun… get that “buy me” devil off my shoulder….lol

2021 Taylor 150e
2022 Gibson J45 standard
2016 Martin DR Centennial
2019 Epiphone PR5
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Boss VE-8
JBL Eon One
Redeye pre amp
Old 04-10-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Sennheiser e945 mic
MIJ Takamine P3NC
Loudbox Performer

DONE!!
Is that pretty good outside? I have not taken my Marshall AS50D, which is 50w into 2x8" speakers, outside, but I wonder how it would do.

My stuff: https://www.instagram.com/aacx22/
Old 04-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

I posted this in a thread for the eclipse, but it fits here as well. Here's our setup from an eclipse gig on Monday. We're running straight into two Bose S1s and because the venue is huge, we lined them out at a Fishman SA330x that isn't in the picture. Rokdog's tele runs through a Vox Pathfinder that isn't miked but has enough volume to balance with the system.

What a cool gig it was and this picture was taken while we were on a break to watch the totality as seen above the stage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9898.jpg (81.1 KB, 129 views)
Old 04-10-2024, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

Parted with this EON One Mk2 recently (when it failed after only a few hours of gigging). Perhaps a blessing in disguise. My EAE amp sounds so much better regardless, and I just supplement with a powered speaker when needed.

FB_IMG_1712773746197.jpg
Old 04-10-2024, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Nelson View Post
Parted with this EON One Mk2 recently (when it failed after only a few hours of gigging). Perhaps a blessing in disguise. My EAE amp sounds so much better regardless, and I just supplement with a powered speaker when needed.

Attachment 106476
Looking good. I'm up in Northern Wisconsin. My group Downtime Acoustic is on FB. Keep on jammin!
Old 04-10-2024, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4mus6 View Post
But….a recent post lamented having purchased a ton of PA equip over the years and he went back to a Fishman loudbox artist and was amazed at how well his guitar and microphone sounded. I too have a loudbox that’s been setting for several years gathering dust. Sometimes I think we need “more” and I get weird like wanting that 30M…

Since the beginning of the year our duo has taken off like I never thought would happen with several gigs booked in coming months (plus as extra bonus…considerably more money). I think that is why I’m stressing thinking we need “better” sound! O well…I’m pretty happy to just be playing and having fun… get that “buy me” devil off my shoulder….lol
Hey dude, I missed this post. I'm very happy for you and really enjoy stalking, I mean tracking you, online.

I got a bit gear-obsessed when I started this era several years ago, but I'm glad I ended up with the 30m. For an acoustic act I think it's just about ideal for anything up to a medium-sized venue--especially if you don't have to lug the sub up and down a lot of stairs. Individual tastes vary though so it's always great if you can give it a test drive at a store.

I'll add this: YouTuber/industry guy Phil McNight said something recently that some of us have come to agree with: Gear is for musicians, not the audience. That is to say, unless you're working with absolute garbage (or completely inadequate volume, but he was talking quality), the audience doesn't care about the last 1% of fine sound. But it does matter to the musician, because if it falls short for us it's hard to connect and get excited about our own performance.

Also--life is too short.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Hey dude, I missed this post. I'm very happy for you and really enjoy stalking, I mean tracking you, online.

I got a bit gear-obsessed when I started this era several years ago, but I'm glad I ended up with the 30m. For an acoustic act I think it's just about ideal for anything up to a medium-sized venue--especially if you don't have to lug the sub up and down a lot of stairs. Individual tastes vary though so it's always great if you can give it a test drive at a store.

I'll add this: YouTuber/industry guy Phil McNight said something recently that some of us have come to agree with: Gear is for musicians, not the audience. That is to say, unless you're working with absolute garbage (or completely inadequate volume, but he was talking quality), the audience doesn't care about the last 1% of fine sound. But it does matter to the musician, because if it falls short for us it's hard to connect and get excited about our own performance.

Also--life is too short.
100% agree. Audiences don't care about your fancy $5000 acoustic or state of the art PA system. I'm not saying use junk that will break down but any of the major manufacturers of guitars or sound reinforcement will provide sufficient reliable equipment for any gig that I and likely many others on this forum perform.
I fall guilty of this sometimes as well. Lately, I've been able to give myself a few days to get over the G.A.S. when I see the next shiny thing and then come back to the realization my current performance gear (Guild Westerly, TC Ditto X2, Acoustic Fly Rig, AH ZED10FX, EV Evolve 50) is fine gear, gets the job done and sounds pretty good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification