The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-11-2024, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Not at all. I too just plugged into my neglected LB Artist recently and will consider using it for stage monitoring at some of our outdoor gigs this summer. I might even use the footswitch to engage the chorus occasionally so I can cheat and not bring my 12 string. Okay, I'll likely. bring it but might leave it on the stand
Old 04-12-2024, 02:49 AM

I'm no luddite but there is something tactile and so nice and reassuring as physical knobs. I own a LB mini and enjoy the simplicity of set up and operation
Old 04-12-2024, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
I'm no luddite but there is something tactile and so nice and reassuring as physical knobs. I own a LB mini and enjoy the simplicity of set up and operation
Your no luddite. If I didn't need a boost feature for solos, I would leave my Acoustic Fly Rig out of the mix and just use my LB Mini. Righ now i run the FLy Rig to a looper to the AUX in of the LB mini then DI Out to the mixer. I like the EQ section of the Fly Rig a lot. However, the EQ section of the LB Mini is no slacker either.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM

I use a Fishman Loudbox Mini when I gig solo, it is perfect for the venues I play which hold about 50-150 people. It's great for acoustic guitar and vocal.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medford Guitar View Post
Your no luddite. If I didn't need a boost feature for solos, I would leave my Acoustic Fly Rig out of the mix and just use my LB Mini. Righ now i run the FLy Rig to a looper to the AUX in of the LB mini then DI Out to the mixer. I like the EQ section of the Fly Rig a lot. However, the EQ section of the LB Mini is no slacker either.
I wonder how many others simply need a "solo" foot switch...

The EHX Solo could allow a lot of players to have that without the need to bring other effects pedals.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:01 AM

Lots of times my “old stuff” that I re-discovered sounds way better than I remembered. It happens with guitars, amps, pedals - everything really. It’s not really too surprising: in most cases I spent a lot of time choosing those things, so it makes sense that they’re decent items. It’s like seeing an old girlfriend walking down the street - “wow, she’s a lot prettier than I remember…”

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification