The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 07:06 PM

Like Lowrider said, in the craft section. If I recall (it was several years ago), they were with the floral type stuff. The came in a little 3x5 poly envelope. The unhydrated beads are small, maybe about this size -- O They look like plastic bb's when they are dry, a small bag holds alot of them.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:08 PM

I've been using PVA sponges, which are really high density and stay wet a long time, but I would like to test the power of the waterbeads as a test.
1986 Ovation 1758 12 String
2007 Walden G2070
2008 Guild D55 Prototype
1998 Guild Starfire IV
2013 Guild Newark St. X-175B
2016 Guild Newark St. X-175 Sunburst
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I have one that sits in the cut-away area of the body, one in the accessory compartment, one under the headstock and one that floats around in the gig bag of the Dread Jr. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Same thing with hygrometers, they go wherever they go and I get similar reading for all of them.
I have problems finding a place to put humidifying devices (whatever they may be)... several of my cases are custom fit, and the only place I can put anything is maybe under or by the headstock or in the accessory compartment. If your home-made ones work in the accessory compartment, that would be great. Will give it a try.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:19 AM

As I posted above it doesn't seem to matter where they go. I have them in four different spots and hygrometers in different spots. They all read in the low 50's
Old 01-24-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I have problems finding a place to put humidifying devices (whatever they may be)... several of my cases are custom fit, and the only place I can put anything is maybe under or by the headstock or in the accessory compartment. If your home-made ones work in the accessory compartment, that would be great. Will give it a try.
I put mine under the headstock in all my cases. If you stop and think about it, humidity tends to disperse throughout the area available to it. That is why the moisture evaporates. If it didn't disperse, the humidity would stay withing the small container (i.e. the soap dish) and the sponge/beads would quickly reach saturation and never go dry.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:04 AM

The plastic box with holes is a good idea, but I too struggle with having space in the case for one. My cases are pretty tight fitting around the guitars.

Whereas, the D'addario / Boveda are flexible enough to fit under the headstock along with my De Oro guitar support.

Dave

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion