The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-16-2021, 09:56 AM

Default Anyone here visit Eilat and the Peace Cafe esp.in the 70’s

Well the subject says it all, memorable place to hang and great music too....
Old 01-16-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansch101 View Post
Well the subject says it all, memorable place to hang and great music too....
I visited Eilat when I did a swap work for travel trip in early 1980s. I don't know about Peace Cafe. We went there with people who supervised us on a Kibbutz and camped and hiked all over. Two who supervised us were very respected for their service outside of reserves and one still in Army intelligence and they took those of us who really knew how to work and operate machines places I'm guessing most tourists never go.

War broke out when we were there and one time we got stuck between where rockets were launched and landed but in south by Eilat we camped, hiked, crossed into Egypt and Jordan. Modern memes and silliness remind me of the woman who supervised us - she was 100% serious but at times in our travels she was sporting bikini and Uzi at same time.

Snorkeling, night time stars and warm beer or cocktails are my main Eilat memories. Also some crazies from Scotland and Netherlands. A few of us fit in better with them than the suburban kids we were with who never did the labor or farming work some of us knew. The Kibbutz leaders were entertained by the three of us who had farm experience.

Eilat was absolutely nuts times with three of the Israelis, three of us from US and that Scotland and Netherlands group. Totally nuts partying, hiking, swimming and trail running with war and punk music backing track.

Edit: Now I wonder what happened to some of them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic