The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 08-31-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Mayfair Mandolin ..??

Anybody ever hear of a mandolin company called "Mayfair" ?? I got one from my dad, it's got some nice woodwork, a deep bowl, and pearl on it, but the company's label looks a little chinsy...I'm thinking of fixing it up and put new strings and a nut on it. I haven't found a serial number yet. It maybe a cheap knock off, but it sure looks pretty. It's a nice room decoration if nothing else.

I know nothing about mandolins, but I am going to get a mandolin instructional dvd from a site I found a few days ago.....

I didn't want to hijack the other mandolin thread, but while we're on the subject....
Old 09-01-2006, 01:37 AM

HAven't seen one of them, but I started building mandos because the Antinoria I bought off Ebay had a neck so skinny I couldn't get my fingers onto it!!

Once I finished my last one (of 4) I didn't touch a guitar again for 2 months!!!
I LOVE that guy!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments