The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 PM

Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
Do you find that the Altoids affect the high end too much?
The larger container did, but when I switched to the smaller tin, I found it tamed the highs perfectly!

Best,
PJ
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
The larger container did, but when I switched to the smaller tin, I found it tamed the highs perfectly!

Best,

PJ

Probably more impedance in the larger tin.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:14 PM

Recently went to a Trex Soulmate Acoustic.
Liking it.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:08 PM

Just need to add the patch cables, Strymon Zuma, and I'm ready to go!

Martin HD28 with K&K into pedals, going to the QSC Touchmix 8 and out to two QSC K10.2.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAPANDELO View Post

Just need to add the patch cables, Strymon Zuma, and I'm ready to go!

Martin HD28 with K&K into pedals, going to the QSC Touchmix 8 and out to two QSC K10.2.
That's an impressive set of pedals! Tell us about how you're using all that.

Louis
Old 01-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post

Louis
Indeed! Any sound clips of what you are doing?
Guilds: 69 F312 Braz, 89 Nightbird II, 91 Nightbird CU, 94 GV70, 96 A50 flattop, 06 CO1 Cedar, 11 F30CE, 13 CS F30R Reno Star, 14 GSR F30CE Coco, Orpheum OM RW, Orpheum SS Hog. SOLD: Guilds: 78 F40,79 F112,’87 GF60R,94 DV72,07 CS F47 Braz,11 DD6MCE,12 F30,12 F30R,18 F2512. Other: 70 Epi 5102,74 Ibanez LesPaul,90 Gibson ES347,15 Alvarez MFA70,15 Martin OM28VTS,15 Epi ES339Pro,16 Alvarez AF60
Old 01-19-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post

Louis
Hi there, Louis!

The basic EQ is up to the QSC Touchmix 8. So I use the Empress ParaEQ to match the impedance of the K&K and make some "on the fly" adjustments (notch some bad frequencies, depending on the room I'm playing). The boost is a nice feature, also.

The Empress Compressor is kind of an always on pedal, so as the Strymon BlueSky. I just change the reverb I mainly use if I want a more ethereal sound (only in a few songs).

The Timeline (delay) and Mobius (chorus and tremolo, mainly) are used sparingly, depending on the music I'm playing.

The Empress Buffer+ is used more as a noise filter. Some places I play have a far from ideal electrical instalations. The Buffer+ help in that cases.

The Lovepedal Believe is almost never used. I'm waiting to use it with a Boss RC30, that I don't have right now.

And the Analogman King of Tone is used only to give me a low gain overdrive texture in a few musics.

The LR Baggs Session DI is used as a DI, of course, and I LOVE the saturation and compression features on it. It just enhance my overall sound.

It is really my dream pedalboard, and as soon as I record a live performance, I will post it here!

Thank you!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 AM

OK. This thread is giving me a headache! I mean, I look at the pics and I have NO clue what most of the stuff does or even is. How can anybody keep up in today's "acoustic amplification world" anyway ???
Old 01-20-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Hi there, Louis!

The basic EQ is up to the QSC Touchmix 8. So I use the Empress ParaEQ to match the impedance of the K&K and make some "on the fly" adjustments (notch some bad frequencies, depending on the room I'm playing). The boost is a nice feature, also.

The Empress Compressor is kind of an always on pedal, so as the Strymon BlueSky. I just change the reverb I mainly use if I want a more ethereal sound (only in a few songs).

The Timeline (delay) and Mobius (chorus and tremolo, mainly) are used sparingly, depending on the music I'm playing.

The Empress Buffer+ is used more as a noise filter. Some places I play have a far from ideal electrical instalations. The Buffer+ help in that cases.

The Lovepedal Believe is almost never used. I'm waiting to use it with a Boss RC30, that I don't have right now.

And the Analogman King of Tone is used only to give me a low gain overdrive texture in a few musics.

The LR Baggs Session DI is used as a DI, of course, and I LOVE the saturation and compression features on it. It just enhance my overall sound.

It is really my dream pedalboard, and as soon as I record a live performance, I will post it here!

Thank you!
Interesting stuff! I'd be interested in particular to hear how the King of Tone works with your acoustic.

Louis
Old 01-20-2019, 12:06 PM

interested to see this board wired as i don't see any wires
Old 01-20-2019, 12:38 PM

As soon as I wire it up, I'll make an overview of everything, and I post here!
Old 01-23-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
As soon as I wire it up, I'll make an overview of everything, and I post here!

That’s an impressive board, indeed! Looking forward to your overview as soon as it’s wired up.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:39 AM

Since my Tonedexter arrived last week, I though I’d give it a go.
Here’s my nice little pedal board!

Old 01-23-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hi there, Louis!

Thank you!
Is that a Conway board?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification