The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-18-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
What?!?! Can't a guy get any SLEEP around here?

I don't know how much my Cargos weigh, but I know they were FAR less expensive than what is being quoted in this thread.

Edit: My Cargos weigh 3.5 lbs each, but I think most of the weight is in the strings.

Tony
I just checked my notes back from the days just before the original CA folded. At that time, I was intensely comparing Cargos vs Emeralds because I was planning to purchase my first CF guitar then. CA never posted weight specs for the Cargo so any weight info came from owners of Cargos.

My old notes were also from the McNichols forum. At that time, several owners chimed in that their Cargos were 4lbs---so that's where my info came from.

I did a quick check on AGF and see that there are also several different members who have posted that their Cargos are 4lbs, or "about 4lbs". But not sure if they actually weighed them though or were just repeating what they read.

Pardon my old info.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
I just checked my notes back from the days just before the original CA folded. At that time, I was intensely comparing Cargos vs Emeralds because I was planning to purchase my first CF guitar then. CA never posted weight specs for the Cargo so any weight info came from owners of Cargos.

My old notes were also from the McNichols forum. At that time, several owners chimed in that their Cargos were 4lbs---so that's where my info came from.

I did a quick check on AGF and see that there are also several different members who have posted that their Cargos are 4lbs, or "about 4lbs". But not sure if they actually weighed them though or were just repeating what they read.

Pardon my old info.
My process the other day for weighing my Cargo was not particularly scientific. I weighed myself, and then weighed myself holding my Cargo. What I reported was the difference.

Well, actually, holding my Cargo, the scale didn't go up that high, so I guessed.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-18-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Well, actually, holding my Cargo, the scale didn't go up that high, so I guessed.

Tony
Darn truck scales
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Guest 928

Probably should have taken the guitar to the doctor's office--get a physical and weigh the guitar in one easy trip.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Probably should have taken the guitar to the doctor's office--get a physical and weigh the guitar in one easy trip.
Not a bad idea at all. I wonder if the VA would go for it.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 01-18-2019, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Darn truck scales
I never thought of that. Oh well, maybe next time.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber