The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-10-2015, 11:01 PM

Default Thanks for the support

I knew I could rely on the AGF to keep an eye open and gives some support. Thanks to all of you.

It's pretty obvious the Lowden were targeted but I can remember anybody really inspecting the store in the last few weeks.

I agree I'll be a little paranoid for a while...
Ph./Fax 626.844.5006
e-mail: [email protected]
Visit www.thefrettedfrog.com

Authorized Dealer for: Camps Classical Guitars - Cole Clark - Faith Guitars - Larrivee - Lowden - Huss & Dalton
Old 06-10-2015, 11:49 PM

Default Bad news, but....

Not good, that was my best guitar to date, certainly the prettiest, yet I have some curious solace in the fact that it was stolen alongside 3 Lowdens....
Old 06-11-2015, 06:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrettedFrog View Post
We're sad to say we've been burglarized last night and got 3 Lowden guitars and one Jon Ballard stolen.

Lowden O22c #17360
Lowden F35c #19340
Lowden F23c #17383
Ballard Koa #10

Thanks for sharing!

Roland & Colin - The Fretted Frog Guitar Store - Pasadena
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been in your shop and always felt a warm vibe.

I don't know if you have a security camera, but clearly these people had been in your store and cased the joint. They didn't take any Blueridges. They knew where the good stuff was and went straight for it.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about this. It sucks.

CL
Old 06-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Default Stolen Ballard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Ballard View Post
Not good, that was my best guitar to date, certainly the prettiest, yet I have some curious solace in the fact that it was stolen alongside 3 Lowdens....
It was certainly not the way I wanted the guitar to leave the store. Your guitar has been recently swapped with a Lowden on the wall, these guy were certainly commissioned to get what was supposed to be a raw of Lowden. Or they were told to get the 1st four from the right, but didn't know what their right was... Anyway, I hope the rarity of the guitars will help to track them back.
Ph./Fax 626.844.5006
e-mail: [email protected]
Visit www.thefrettedfrog.com

Authorized Dealer for: Camps Classical Guitars - Cole Clark - Faith Guitars - Larrivee - Lowden - Huss & Dalton
Old 06-11-2015, 10:17 AM

I don't understand thievery, but taking a unique custom guitar would not be my first choice if I were going to unload it. Maybe they are dumb, and it will help get them caught.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM

sorry to hear this. hope they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 06-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

These people will always be thieves and losers in life and will most likely meet an untimely death.

You on the other hand will get past this and go on about your life giving an honest days work and contributing to society.

So who is really the loser here?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Sorry to hear that.

I suggest posting the serial; numbers so people know what to look out for.

Obviously they took these to sell them, so watch eBay and use searchtempest.com which searches all the Craigslists sites at once.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 06-11-2015, 11:20 AM

I'm sorry to read this Roland. I hope that insurance does well by you and that the thief/thieves are caught and pay for the crime. And it would be very nice to have the guitars retrieved in still new condition.

It is interesting that they targeted those particular guitars... as was said, they wouldn't be the easiest ones to unload in an inconspicuous way. Guitars do have a way of disappearing though. I had a Lowden (L25C, serial number 271) stolen in '99 in Philadelphia and it hasn't shown up since. About that same time Peter Mulvey had his Japanese built L25 stolen, also never to be retrieved. Someone on the Lowden list once said that "Lowden" is Irish for "steal me."
that's me on guitar
Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM

Default Stolen Ballard

My guitar being one of those taken might actually be of some use here. If someone tries to sell it to a pawn store or other outlet then the owner will try to look up its value. Since it is one of a kind and I am practically unknown, they won't get very far. More importantly, if it is posted anywhere online such as CL or Ebay it will be very easy to find the post. There are not a thousand and one "Ballard Guitar for sale" listings to search through.
Of course I would have much preferred that someone famous had bought it, but not this time I guess.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:17 PM

Not necessarily an inside job, but definitely they cased the joint. Look at surveillance video for repeat looky loos, that have not returned since the theft.
If you see someone or ones that have been in every other day for the past 2 weeks and since then have not returned. Maybe a place to start.

Dan
Old 06-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedlife417 View Post

I don't know if you have a security camera, but clearly these people had been in your store and cased the joint. They didn't take any Blueridges. They knew where the good stuff was and went straight for it.

CL
This is probably true. If you don't have cameras, you certainly will get them now.
I'll bet they try to turn these over very quickly for whatever quick cash they can get at a "not so local to you" flea market (Swap Meet to our California members.)

Sorry for your store's loss.

Last edited by SugarmillMan; 06-11-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 PM

I doubt someone who KNEW what to grab would blow them out at a swap meet for pennies on the dollar. If it were just some crack heads, they would have grabbed the fancy looking guitars and ignored the Lowdens, unless they all had big bold price tags hanging on them.
1986 Ovation 1758 12 String
2007 Walden G2070
2008 Guild D55 Prototype
1998 Guild Starfire IV
2016 Guild Newark St. X-175 Sunburst
1996 Ovation 1768-7LTD " custom "
Old 06-14-2015, 08:14 AM

Did they get the cases too?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
lowden