The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-12-2015, 08:58 AM

Smile *** SOLD *** Exquisite Larrivee D-03 Lefty with K&K Pure Mini Pickup and Hard Case

*** LEFT-HANDED ***

Dropping price to $675.

I love this guitar. You will too. After owning for almost ten years, I recently upgraded to a new Martin OM-28 which I find a little easier on my 63 year old shoulder. It’s mostly been sitting quietly in its cozy hardcase for the last ten years. There is minimal fret wear and isn’t even close to needing new frets. I’ve tried to capture this in the photos which were taken with a new Canon DSLR and 60mm Canon macro lens. The included hard case provides great protection during shipping. I will ship in a proper guitar box, so don't worry about that.

With the near mint condition of this guitar and a new D-03E going for $1924 (retail around $1425), I think $700 is the right price. Also, I’ll happily split the shipping cost with you. I estimate $50 to ship anywhere in the U.S. so I'm asking for a $25 flat fee to the buyer.

Details:
  • Left-handed model which I purchased in 2006 from the telecaster forum
  • Larrivee D-03, Serial #55295, built in Vancouver B.C. in 2002
  • Solid mahogany back and sides, spruce top, ebony fingerboard, clear pick guard
  • Internal electronics (similar to K&K Pure Mini but not sure which model, 3 element under bridge mount). No battery required. Just plugin a guitar cord at bottom strap button.
  • Hard case with lock and key
  • New Tony Rice signature strings installed June 5, 2015
  • Work I've had done (Portland luthier Barrett Coughlan with over 25 years experience): Action lowered (finger style light touch), bone saddle and strap button installed.
  • Not a single ding anywhere. It was mint when I bought it and is still close to mint.
  • Includes original warranty card with serial number
  • Original factory Understanding Your Guitar booklet (and care info)

Please see detailed photos on Dropbox for a comprehensive and closeup view of the guitar. Also, I’ve posted unplugged and amplified recordings there which show the beautiful Larrivee mahogany sound. The microphone for the mp3 files was a Roland Edirol R-09 (24 bit, 48KHz, stereo). The plugged in recordings used the same mic sitting one foot in front of a Roland AC-33 acoustic guitar amp, which the guitar was plugged into. The videos were made using a Panasonic HD video recorder and built-in mic, so not nearly as high quality sound as the R-09.

IMHO I don't think you'll find many better sounding Larrivee dreadnoughts or that are in better condition than mine.

Sincerely,

Mike
(michael dot martell at comcast dot net)

Dropbox Links:

Other Links:

Last edited by Mmartell; 07-13-2015 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Price Drop: Now $675
Old 07-13-2015, 09:30 AM

Smile Last Day to Buy

I finally received a decent Best Offer of $630 on eBay so you'll need to buy it here by the end of day today.

You won't be disappointed with this guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
d-03, dreadnaught, left-handed, lefty acoustic, pickup