The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-28-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovishead View Post
Hey guys, thanks again for all the advice. I went down yesterday and tried both amps for a good hour and a half. Came home with the Princeton 65 reissue.

Don't think I've ever played an amp as nice. Never been happier with a purchase and that's even taking in consideration my acoustics. The fender deluxe 68 was also very nice but I felt it was just too loud for my purposes. At the volume i need the Princeton sounded better although I imagine at higher volumes the deluxe reverb would be the winner.

That said I'm interested in playing through the 68 custom model too at some point. Would be interested to hear how it compares with the earlier breakup.

I have a feeling my blackstar will be relegated to the role of rock now that I have the Princeton for bluesy stuff. Its tone flatters my playing for this style.

Cheers.
Congrats, I think your new amp is much brighter and full of colour compared to your Blackstar, the latter I associate with a dark voiced metal amp. The Princeton is all classic rock, the real thing. Good choice.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovishead View Post
Hey guys, thanks again for all the advice. I went down yesterday and tried both amps for a good hour and a half. Came home with the Princeton 65 reissue.

Don't think I've ever played an amp as nice. Never been happier with a purchase and that's even taking in consideration my acoustics. The fender deluxe 68 was also very nice but I felt it was just too loud for my purposes. At the volume i need the Princeton sounded better although I imagine at higher volumes the deluxe reverb would be the winner.

That said I'm interested in playing through the 68 custom model too at some point. Would be interested to hear how it compares with the earlier breakup.

I have a feeling my blackstar will be relegated to the role of rock now that I have the Princeton for bluesy stuff. Its tone flatters my playing for this style.

Cheers.
GREAT! Glad you found one you like... have a blast with that little thing!

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars