The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-28-2019, 03:18 AM

And then there's those who say that the more angular edges of a tele are more comfortable, and the strat contours are somehow awkward. Also, some feel that the tele shape makes it more natural to pick near the bridge, while strats encourage picking near the neck.

Definitely general discussion on the differences. Cannot tell anybody, what they'll like best. I like them all.... except the Gibson SG shape doesn't really appeal
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 04-28-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
And then there's those who say that the more angular edges of a tele are more comfortable, and the strat contours are somehow awkward. Also, some feel that the tele shape makes it more natural to pick near the bridge, while strats encourage picking near the neck.

Definitely general discussion on the differences. Cannot tell anybody, what they'll like best. I like them all.... except the Gibson SG shape doesn't really appeal
Well, I have one SSO (Strat shaped object) and 2 TSO's. I tend to pick closer to the neck on my Tele-shaped objects. So mileage varies a lot here. I'm heavy-set (AKA "fat") and the Strat shape feels more comfy to me, but I'm more used to Teles.

I like the look of SG's too, so I'm an oddball. But then again, I'm an Angus young fan.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 04-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
Thats it, exactly!
Cool. So if you are in the $100 price range for and amp, I would suggest one of these 2, can't go wrong with either one and you'll want something with reverb. Of course these things are for sale used all the time. As far as being quiet, you can always plug in a set of headphones when needed.
Good luck.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...inch-combo-amp

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mp-with-reverb
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}
Old 04-28-2019, 02:18 PM

If just playing around the house, I'd look at one of the Yamaha THR amps- either the THR10 or THR10C. With discount you should be able to get one new in the $225ish range, used perhaps cheaper. These sound good at low volumes and thus are nice bedroom amps. They're also very light and small.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarred21 View Post
Cool. So if you are in the $100 price range for and amp, I would suggest one of these 2, can't go wrong with either one and you'll want something with reverb. Of course these things are for sale used all the time. As far as being quiet, you can always plug in a set of headphones when needed.
Good luck.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...inch-combo-amp

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mp-with-reverb
I’ve been playing the Yamaha through a used Peavey Blazer 158 I got for 50 bucks. I find myself really attracted to the electric guitar. This setup will do me just fine until I decide which guitar I will go with (I must buy another)! I will then upgrade the amp. I have played many hours in the last day and had to force myself to bed last night. Have to get used to the weight of the guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars