The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

Default NAD...Fender Blues Jr.

I’ve added a new amp to the stable. A new Fender Blues Jr. in Lacquered Tweed. Jensen C12-N speaker. I’m in the process of trying to simplify my gear. Downsize, refine....whatever. It’s proving to be difficult but at the same time enjoyable. I really can’t explain the inner “need” to downsize. But it’s there.

That being said this seemed like a very viable option to my 65 TRRI and my Egnater Tweaker 15 with 2 1x12 cabs. It’s certainly a smaller footprint. I’ve struggled the last few months with unused gear sitting in closets, cases, or boxes. So, I’m pairing down as viable options present themselves.

Tone wise what more can be said that hasn’t already been described here or elsewhere? Killer, killer, killer. With single coils or HB’s.

Ive heard/read that they take pedals very well. Haven’t had much time with it yet but am very pleased with what I’ve heard so far. When you love that Fender clean sound...these amps certainly do not disappoint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B2DFBDE6-2C37-46A9-B55E-6E07BA420604.jpg (31.4 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by PTony; 04-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 PM

On my shopping list also!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 PM

Congratulations! Man, I hate these NAD posts...it's a reminder that I need one of those too!

Enjoy your new amp!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Very nice! I’m sure you’ll enjoy that one. Good choice.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 PM

Very nice. I just got one in December, great amp.
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}
Old 04-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Thx for the kind words. I’ve really enjoyed spending some time with it this evening. I’ll try to get a better picture up at some point. It has paired very nicely with my 87 E series. I’m sure it’ll match up well with my Gretsch’s also.

I’ve gotten some great clean (on the edge of breakup) tones out of it. As of now the only pedal that I’m using with it is an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master (*delay/reverb combo) with the reverb pulled out. It seems to be a great addition.

I’m sure I’ll run an OD through it at some point. As of now I’m really enjoying the cleanish vibe.

Anyone have any “must use” settings? If so please feel free to post them. I will say this latest model seems to be an improvement over previous versions. Maybe it’s the Jensen...?
Old 04-09-2019, 04:20 AM

Yep, probably doesn't have the real cleans nor the headroom of some of the other Fender amps, but I'm a big fan!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 AM

great looking amp, it would look better if it wasnt sitting beside that ugly looking strat, tell you what, ill do you a big favor and take that strat off your hands for you!- LOL
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 04-09-2019, 02:48 PM

Congrats! It's one of Fender's best selling amps for a reason and a great pedal platform. Have fun.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
great looking amp, it would look better if it wasnt sitting beside that ugly looking strat, tell you what, ill do you a big favor and take that strat off your hands for you!- LOL
she’s a keeper. I’ve owned a lot of Strats. The E series are really something special. The System One trem is of no consequence as I typically hardtail my Strats. It has some “mojo”. The neck is outstanding. Really a great piece that’s been in my collection for some time. She sounds terrific through the BJ.

But, if I ever feel that it’s time to part ways I’ll be sure to keep you in mind
Old 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Very nice! I’m sure you’ll enjoy that one. Good choice.
Thx Jaden. It’s amazing how great these little amps sound.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats! It's one of Fender's best selling amps for a reason and a great pedal platform. Have fun.
Thx Dru. I’ve found that my non TS style pedals don’t sound all that great through it. And unfortunately I sold or traded most of my TS style pedals as I’d went a different direction overdrive wise. Now I’m looking for a TS style pedal. Funny...no matter how much I try to downsize...I always seems to get pulled back in.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarred21 View Post
Very nice. I just got one in December, great amp.
Have you found a favorite setting?
Old 04-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Thx Jaden. It’s amazing how great these little amps sound.
Yes, I enjoy the cleans and touch sensitivity, and full midrange colour (I very much dislike scooped midrange and prominent bass on an amp as well as on a acoustic guitar), on my BJIII, but it’s the standard model. Yours should be even better with the Jensen.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Thx Dru. I’ve found that my non TS style pedals don’t sound all that great through it. And unfortunately I sold or traded most of my TS style pedals as I’d went a different direction overdrive wise. Now I’m looking for a TS style pedal. Funny...no matter how much I try to downsize...I always seems to get pulled back in.
Good news is there are tons of TS style pedals out there and some are inexpensive (i.e. Joyo). Lots of used Ibanez Tubescreamers on the market. Are you going to buy a pedal?

The quest for gear is never ending.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars