The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 AM

Default CA "i" users

Was wondering what setup you are using with your various CAs.... 5i, 7i, GXi, Xi, and or Cargo... Thanks. My 5i sounds pretty darn good straight into my Bose and Unico and Cube 30 so far. Should be getting a Cargo this week.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Currently lusting for an FBT Maxx 2a and a Peavey PV14.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM

Kramster...congrats on your i whichever model it is. I have the 7iM-CE in tobacco burst. I run it through a TU tuner first then into an Aphex Acoustic Exciter then into the PA. Absolutely phenominal sound! Some folks love the Aphex and some hate it just like everything else in life. The CA sounds great with or without it but I won't play without one I love the sound so much.

Jim B
Old 12-30-2008, 12:00 PM

Have the 5i (an older X and waiting on a Cargo).... didn't think of the Aphex... think I'll give one a try..thanks.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 PM

Just picked up a BBE Sonic Stomp to try (could not find an Aphex quick at local GC) so far pretty good results in the loop of the Unico... and into Channel 3
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 AM

Kram...try your best to find an Aphex before you commit to the BBE. Just a suggestion from experience. Almost 1/2 the price of the BBE also. I tried the BBE and although it's ok IMO it's no match for the Aphex. Also the Aphex is much smaller and runs off of phantom power from the board. No batteries...no wall wart. A great convienience for me anyway. I never turn it off...it just stays on all the time. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles but it sounds phenominal! I just replied to another post comparing the BBE and Aphex so I guess this is redundant. Since you're a fellow CA owner though I thought I'd try to steer ya right! I'm sure there are others who feel differently but you really should try them both first before making your final purchase.

Jim B
Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Thanks JB.... I'll find one soon as we have a bunch of stores around here. (The BBE pedal is less than the Aphex pedal)

Last edited by kramster; 12-31-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Ahh...I see you got the Sonic Stomp...I originally thought you had bought the BBE Sonic Maximizer which is a similar pedal to the Aphex. I'm not even sure what the Sonic Stomp does I guess.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:19 PM

It sonically maximizes. Same maximizer just the basic 2 knobs and foot switch.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Charter Member

Hi,

I play my GX Performer (Aura) through a Phil Jones AAD CUB. Fantastic sound!

Bye,
Lars
Composite Acoustics GX Aura
Takamine TAN77
--------------------------------------------------
Old 01-16-2009, 04:56 PM

I am hoping to find a Cub to try and possibly the new Super Cub AG300

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification