The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-28-2018, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I just got that ISC notice too. Based on my one other experience with buying an Emerald direct, I'm guessing that means I'll get the guitar tomorrow. Last time, it shipped on a Friday and I got it the next Thursday. Hopefully that happens again, but almost certainly by Friday or Saturday. Now I can get properly excited!

-Ray
WOW! WOW! WOW! Whooooowheeeeee!

Just trying to help "properly."
Old 11-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
WOW! WOW! WOW! Whooooowheeeeee!

Just trying to help "properly."
Thanks! That did it - put me right over the top...

Before that ISC notice, I contained my enthusiasm because I don't know where it's stacked up and how long it might take to un-clog, particularly this time of year. But from here it SHOULD be pretty predictable, which means I should have the little gem in the next day or two unless something really goes wrong. One of the benefits of living in the NE corridor.

-Ray
Old 12-03-2018, 09:56 PM

Well folks, the good 'ole U.S. Postal Service delivered my X20 today. I have never before seen (in person) or played an Emerald before (having a conservative preference towards wood), and my initial response is "WOW"! The quality of workmanship, playability, and SOUND is incredible.
My thanks to Alistair, Kevin, and the great folks at Emerald Guitars for creating this fine instrument.
Thanks to all of you CF enablers out there who encouraged me to take this leap of faith. Now if you will pardon me for a few days, I plan to get better acquainted with "Ziricote".
Old 12-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
Well folks, the good 'ole U.S. Postal Service delivered my X20 today. I have never before seen (in person) or played an Emerald before (having a conservative preference towards wood), and my initial response is "WOW"! The quality of workmanship, playability, and SOUND is incredible.
My thanks to Alistair, Kevin, and the great folks at Emerald Guitars for creating this fine instrument.
Thanks to all of you CF enablers out there who encouraged me to take this leap of faith. Now if you will pardon me for a few days, I plan to get better acquainted with "Ziricote".
Congrats, Karl! Of course, a post with some photos and playing impressions is always appreciated. Enjoy!

Old 12-03-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhawaii View Post
Congratulations again. Another beauty from the folks at Emerald!
Old 12-04-2018, 12:05 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations - I’m glad it finally landed! I’m just a few months ahead of you - my X20 in early September was the first time I played an Emerald, and I was well and fully blown away by it. Totally erased any doubts I had going in. They’re great instruments.

Enjoy getting to know it’s many charms - I look forward to hearing your impressions once you’ve spent some time with it!

-Ray
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Well Karl is sequestered in his guitar room. He may surface in a few days.

It’ll be interesting when my Mcpherson Honeycomb Sable in gold arrives on Monday. Karl and I just recently got very interested in Carbon fiber. I am sure we’ll have an A-B day soon.
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber