The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-23-2018, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantin View Post
...I bought the NUX B2 when it became available.
I just ordered one of these to keep in my guitar case all the time. I'll still use my Shure GLXD16's at work but this setup is so compact and light that I couldn't resist. No power to run to the receiver either. Looking forward to putting it through its paces, but with your experiences cited, I think it'll be good.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 06-23-2018, 06:30 AM

On the issue of headset mics, I have been working on using one instead of lugging the mic stand. It just takes practice AND the right headset. I think most folks agree DPA is top of the line, even over countryman E6 units. Everyone is right in that the dynamics are different.
Directional units help keep the feedback down and with high quality units you can get good gain before feedback. Wireless handhelds are much easier since you can free yourself of cables but still have all the dynamics you employ with a standard mic.
PM me if you want specifics about the headset mics and my experience with them so far.
davidc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification