The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-31-2021, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Another Mark and Jim music video released this morning. Observant carbon fiber enthusiasts will notice the Emerald X10 I am playing in this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f413Z5_j-S0
Old 03-31-2021, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Very Very nice! You two have it down. And yes, I noticed the 10, looks a little like mine.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

One of your better ones me thinks Jim ! Well done. I can hear Mark's neighbors....."Hey, there's some guy walking down the street with a guitar on his neck" ! LOL
Old 03-31-2021, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Very Very nice! You two have it down. And yes, I noticed the 10, looks a little like mine.
Good observation, Evan. Although, I have stated here that I was quite taken with your thin-body X10... I agonized between the red and another veneer. I'm very happy with the red with a bit of extra black shading, and the Crystal Ice back and sides.

Yours definitely gave me the inspiration to have Emerald make one unique for me.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
One of your better ones me thinks Jim ! Well done. I can hear Mark's neighbors....."Hey, there's some guy walking down the street with a guitar on his neck" ! LOL
Thanks, John. I think Mark is well-regarded by his neighbors. He told me about having to wait for a paddle boat to pass through the background to get some of those shots by the pond.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Yep, I sinned again. While I did play my Emerald X7 for a while this morning, I worked on a music project without carbon fiber later. In fact, without an acoustic guitar for the first time in about 25 years.

I got a Fender Mustang Micro (recommended by our own Jon (jonfields45), and took some time today to record with it. I posted this on the Electric Guitar sub-forum, but thought some here might have some interest in what the other side (nothing dark about it) is doing.

--------

It was a rainy day in the Tropical Tip, so a good opportunity to make some music with the Fender Mustang Micro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxYkw57j8w

First time in about 25 years that I made music with (gasp) no acoustic guitar somewhere in the mix. The music tracks were recorded with a Spire Studio. The guitar parts were direct into the Spire, through the Fender Mustang Micro - no amp, no Spire amp effect. Bass and electronic drums direct in, vocals through a Yamaha mixer then into the Spire.

Video shot with an iPhone, then all edited in iMovie. Fun project; the music took less than an hour, another hour to shoot the video, and a couple hours to edit.

I give the Fender Mustang Micro two thumbs up. My aging back gives it three thumbs up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber