The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Evan, can you elaborate on what Joe might have said about a nylon eKoa?

I have a nylon rider which is my knock around guitar and a custom classical for everything else. I can't quit wood so I can't get down to one guitar. The CF Rider does make it really easy to travel though.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:58 PM
Guest 928

Nova;

A forum member contacted Joe and was told that a nylon version was in the near future. My contact with Blackbird suggested that the near future was more like manana, i.e. not today.

Joe's riders came very close to the sound of a good wooden flamenco guitar. Do you have the classical or the flamenco version?
Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

You know what, I didn’t even know there was a classical/flamenco version. I eyed them a lot online and played one at a local store. Eventually I bought mine used from a forum member (and he had bought it used). It has a King of Hearts inlay at the 12th fret.

If Joe comes out with an eKoa I’d seriously consider buying. I think I’d prefer the Barbers over the RMC pickup though.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Guest 928

Nova;

The primary difference between the classical and the flamenco was setup. There was a video of a very good player with a nylon Rider which came very close to matching a good wooden flamenco guitar.

The Ekoa is tempting but is on the horizon with an indefinite dateline. The new company Synergy is also offering an Ekoa but I'm not sure how much customization is available.

I was not fond of the RMC but have come to really like the Barbera. I have an active Barbera in my Emerald nylon 7 and it is incredibly well balanced and powerful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber