The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-22-2020, 06:48 PM

Default comparing Yamaha red label pick up to k&k pure mini

I was wondering if any one has one of Yamahas red label guitars with the atmosfeel pick up system and also a guitar with the k&k pure mini system too. If their is any one who does I would really appreciate your thoughts on the atmosfeel compared to the k&k . I have the k&k in all my guitars and I like it a lot. I'm going to get one of the Yamaha red label guitars and I want to know if the atmosfeel system sounds as good as the k&k. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

yes. i had one and it was great. great pickup system. you have more control right at your fingertips.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:24 AM
Charter Member

Me me me! lol it’s good. It’s like a ‘super’ K&K with preamp but it does still have some quack and benefits from external eq. It’s an excellent system in an excellent guitar. Mine was $900. Amazing value.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:53 AM

Haven´t used k&k but Baggs anthem, Baggs M1, Fishman matrix with aura pedal, Taylor Es2. My Yamaha fgx5 isn´t just one of the best acoustics I´ve had it also has one of the best pickups i´ve tried. Highly recommended.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:47 AM

Thanks a lot everyone. It sounds like the Yamaha system is a winner. Now I just need to decide if I want to get the fgx3 of the fsx3.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:24 PM

I can't say that i know much about pickups but i have an FGX5 and i plug in and play all of the time because I'm shocked at how great it sounds amplified and with effects. I've had many Taylor's through the years and hated the way they sounded plugged in. There's no comparison between at least those two bands. The Yamaha blows the Taylor's away!
2019 Yamaha FGx5
2020 Yamaha AC3M Deluxe
2019 Yamaha FG800
2005 Taylor 214
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic Bass
Old 10-23-2020, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctvolfan View Post
I can't say that i know much about pickups but i have an FGX5 and i plug in and play all of the time because I'm shocked at how great it sounds amplified and with effects. I've had many Taylor's through the years and hated the way they sounded plugged in. There's no comparison between at least those two bands. The Yamaha blows the Taylor's away!
I want to try the ES2 again. I plugged the Yamaha in today for my video on the Boss Rc-500 and it did sound very quacky. I switched to the Maton and it sounds much more natural direct.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:28 AM

There aren´t that many clips of the amosfeel yet. But to get an idea of what it sounds like, think of it as comparable to the Anthem. They are quite similar in sound and concept. A piezo for the lows and then add a mic for highs. Atmosfeel also have a sbt in it but they are still quite similar.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbeck View Post
There aren´t that many clips of the amosfeel yet. But to get an idea of what it sounds like, think of it as comparable to the Anthem. They are quite similar in sound and concept. A piezo for the lows and then add a mic for highs. Atmosfeel also have a sbt in it but they are still quite similar.
The Anthem is undersaddle for lows and mic for highs and the atmosfeel is undersaddle for lows, SBT for highs and mic for mid/air. That makes it a little ‘quackier’ but it’s an excellent sound at gig volume and through IR. They are both excellent systems.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification