The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-02-2022, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Where’s Andy? Silly Mustache plays only 12 frets. And he’s in the UK. Look up his YouTube channel or try to PM him here.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 07-03-2022, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMunkee View Post
Following on from my NGD post a couple of weeks ago I've been looking round for a different case for my Custom Shop 000-16SGT.

The standard Martin case is fine (I've got 3 of them now ) but it's very heavy, and, in this particular instance, is showing its 18 years...

Ideally I'm looking for something like the Gator TSA type thermo-moulded plastic... light, strong and hardwearing. However, the 12fret body shop is proving to be an utter PITA. Short of paying Calton a vast sum I can't seem to find anything that will suit - unless I buy a dreadnought sized case and add a load of packing (which kinda defeats the object of trying to save weight).

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Oh, and no, a bag isn't suitable, the guitar gets hidden under bags etc when we go away.
I have a 000-12 fret made by Dave King who has stopped building as he is the main Martin repair man in the UK now. M 000-12 is a copy of a 1938 000-12, it fits in the Hiscox artist 000 case. The pro 2 version has the same dimensions so it should fit your 000-16 custom.
Fylde Small Falstaff- Engleman/Bog Oak
Fylde Small Falstaff- Engleman/ Madagascan Rosewood
Sobell Martin Simpson MK2- German/ Brazilian Rosewood

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion