The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-04-2018, 12:35 PM

I have the Touring model and find it plenty loud when I play w others and at night when I'm wanting to play quietly I love the sound-hole plug. I did find that I needed to add an arm rest due to the sharpness of the carbon edge. Good luck on your decision.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl View Post

That is, if it proves to be as versatile as I hope it to be. The Sable they have is a cannon, but also more expensive. I may take a serious look at that one as well.

If you can afford that McPherson Sable, I’d go for that. They’re fabulous. I just got one about a month ago and it’s a beast.

They’re hard to find used, but if you’re up for that, you can get one around the $2300 mark.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:15 AM

I had a touring and never played it. If you definitely have a need for a small travel guitar, it's great, but seriously consider that question. I hated playing the touring at open mics etc. I have a Sable now and it's my uber guitar. Haven't touched another one since I bought it. Take it everywhere.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
uber guitar.
Have an app to see where it is and when it arrives so you can play it...also is it self playing? Do you get a lyft playing it... sorry...it just comes outa me sometimes... proceed.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-06-2018, 12:36 PM

I went back to play the Touring and the Sable. The Touring left me wanting for something with a little more guts. The Sable is a glorious instrument. I may have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for it.

*To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king.* Bruce Cockburn
Old 06-06-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I went back to play the Touring and the Sable. The Touring left me wanting for something with a little more guts. The Sable is a glorious instrument. I may have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for it.
The Sable is special for sure... make that darn special!
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Now you did it! I played the touring model at the Fret Central grand opening, and frankly, I prefer my Cargo because it just feels more comfortable to me. That touring guitar sure was nice though too. However, I did not try the Sable (the big one?), but may just have to do that. Go ahead and buy it. I am not on the market anyway, and if they sell the one they have, they will get another in.

I did buy the Schertler Yellow Blender preamp the day after the grand opening and it is the first thing that works with my DPA-40099g guitar mic with NO feedback!

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 06-06-2018, 05:53 PM

I’m telling you... you won’t regret the Sable. I have a wooden McPherson as I mentioned earlier (maybe in this thread) and, in all honesty, it’s pretty darned close in sound, which is REALLY impressive- considering the price difference.

Have you seen the Honeycomb one? I want that one.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:12 PM

I did it! I bought the McPherson Sable. It was just too good to pass up. Now I have to sell a couple of guitars to help pay for it. I got a Reunion Blues gig bag as well that is amazing. It's going to be my all weather, everyday guitar in no time.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:16 PM

I just want to put in a plug for Fret Central. They were really great to work with. They are starting up a new venture selling guitars. They have been a violin shop for years, but recognized a need for higher end guitars in the Twin Cities. I talked to Chris and he is trying to become a dealer for Huss and Dalton. They already carry Santa Cruz, Eastman, Seagull, Cordoba. He is a good guy and you can feel confident buying from him.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Congrats! I haven’t played much less seen one but they sound fabulous in the videos out there. Welcome to CF!
Old 06-08-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I did it! I bought the McPherson Sable. .

You did good!! Real good. The Sable is a special thing for sure.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:00 AM

Congrats. You won’t be disappointed.

They’re beautiful instruments for sure. I think that’s the best way to go- getting the full size.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber