The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-04-2022, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruption View Post
I will definitely post pics. But I have to say it’s not my first Emerald purchase.
I ordered a X10 in Spalted Chen Chen last week, so I have 2 guitars coming within a week of each other.

I’m probably going to keep just one. I just couldn’t decide which one. It’s going to come down to neck comfort, Graphtec/Krivo vs Graphtec/K&K, raw acoustic tone, and body comfort. I’m not a MIDI person, but the X10 has it…I was going to do a Custom order, but the Chen Chen top on the “in stock” guitar was beautiful so I ordered it.

I’ve had a Composite Acoustics OX for the last 6 years with a LR Baggs Session and it’s been awesome, but I’ve been itching for a change.

I really love the improvements to the Emerald line so it’s time to give ‘em a try.
Well, that's going "all in!" You may change your mind about only keeping one after you play them - they are very different guitars. I have both (and a previous generation X7), and the each fill a slot in my guitar selection. The X20 is a great all-around acoustic; it is the guitar I reach for when I want a rich acoustic sound (plugged in or acoustically). It reminds me of my Taylor 814ce, only more comfortable and a better sound from the player's perspective. The X10 leans more to the electric side, but still has a good acoustic tone. From my playing perspective, the X10 is not as loud as the X20, but you can do so much with that Krivo and the piezo pickups. That guitar reminds me a bit of my Taylor T5, but the X10 is much better with the acoustic tones. Easy to blend the tones with the X10, as well.

I have no issue going back and forth between the 1 3/4" nut on the X20 and the 1 11/16" nut on the X10, but the X10 has a "more electric feeling" neck to me.

I think they are a nice compliment to each other.

Looking forward to your NGDs posts when you get them!
Old 08-04-2022, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

I am so tempted by the X20! They’ve got a few with fretboard dots, and it’s hard not to buy one. Wish I could try one. Not ready to buy an X20 without playing it, though.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 08-05-2022, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
I am so tempted by the X20! They’ve got a few with fretboard dots, and it’s hard not to buy one. Wish I could try one. Not ready to buy an X20 without playing it, though.
There’s got to be someone in your part of the world with an X20, surely!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 08-05-2022, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
There’s got to be someone in your part of the world with an X20, surely!
mikealpine: did you check this thread to see if there is someone with an X-20 nearby?

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=646425

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber